BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, July 7, 2014

Still Catching Up - May19th

Hey Mom and Dad,

Thank you for your email mom, I had a crazy headache this week. We were at a members house for FHE. We got there a little early and I was out of it. Tired and not really involved, but I have a great companion who gave a great lesson. Then when he asked if I had any imput, all of a sudden the ibuprofen kicked in and I was good. But I have really got to drink more water. And now I have even more people who keep me up with my water drinking. Again thanks for your email and prayers. 
Also a couple more names for you to pray for. Pray for Bishop Bangani and his family as they just had the funeral for their son. Also pray for Brother Mongezi, he is a young Less active that we have been working with. We stopped by his house and found out that his wife had passed away on Saturday. So he is going through a hard time right now. 
I have had a great week though. Mom I love you very much. 
Dad, Thanks for writing for mom too. 
It's it hard to have so many cupcakes right there and not eat them all. I really do miss mom's food. She is such a wonderful chef :) 
Those are wonderful commitments for the temple. In about 20 months I will be able to have similar commitments. Thinking about Heidi, when I get back hopefully I will be able to take some time to go with her to do baptisms for the dead. She will turn 12 the October after I get home if I am correct in my Maths. (apparently math is plural here.) I really look forward to that time as well. I am among the few that has seen the new videos. So when I talk to some of these missionaries that have not gone to the temple for the last two years, I get to tell them that they are very lucky and will have a wonderful new experience. I so miss the temple. 
We have some recent converts who are working on getting the Priesthood. Taking the Perspective Elder classes and everything. I am so happy for all of them. What a marvelous thing. 
This last week we spent some time with the 2nd Counselor and his family. They are young and have a little 9 month year old girl. I think of them and you were probably in similar situations with me. Also I have been here a third of this cute little baby's life. Great faithful little family. 
Bryant will be a great missionary. I am so very excited to find out where the Lord needs him. He will do wonders wherever he is called. (or reassigned if he needs to experience what I have :) 
It is crazy that he is graduating. I am so happy for him. 
His room is seeping out? Sounds like some kind of horror movie. Revenge of the ROOM. or something like that. That is funny. 
Tell mom I love her. 
The Thomas' should be back soon. If not already back. His dad had passed away before they got there. So they had to stay for the funeral and for the final family affairs. 
I love you dad. All of this death that has been around has made me even more grateful to have these precious moments to talk with you and express my love. It has also strengthened my testimony of the Plan of Happiness. I love you all!
This last week we had two baptisms. I got to perform them. Which was really cool. Made me think of those times I got to help the youth in the temple. Especially to begin that experience baptizing Meagan. It was a great memory. 
This morning I studied Elder Perry's talk about the Articles of Faith in Octobers Conference. Great talk. I love how the simple Articles of Faith do greatly outline doctrine. Also there is a talk about the Blueprint of Christ's Church by Tad R Callister. Wonderful Talk. Using the New Testament he outlines key parts of Christ's church. What makes it Christ's Church. I loved it!
Also I will be going through The Baptismal Covenant if you have any suggestions. With the deaths that have been happening I have thought of our baptismal covenant. And I want to to be even more a part of my life. 
I also read Mosiah 13, which added a little bit of insight into my study of our covenants. Pretty good study. What are you studying? 
It was great talking to you Mom and Dad. I am grateful for the chance to serve a mission. I am grateful for you guys and the kids. I love you all very much. 
have a great week everyone. 
Love, Elder Pennington 

No comments:

Post a Comment