BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, July 7, 2014

June 2nd

Hey Mom and Dad,
This has been a great week. Mom you have some smart kids. But we have some very smart brilliant parents. :) Thanks for passing on the smart genes. 
I am happy to be in Queenstown as well. It will be a 6 month area, just like dad. :) But the sad part is you will be getting updates from the Thomas' too, but only when I go to east london. They will replace the senior couple there. So they will no longer be in Queenstown. Luckily East London is only 2 hours away. So they will probably visit often (because they love us so much).
All of these summer camps sound like they will be fun. So Bryant and Mason are going as leaders. That is cool. (Mason Carpenter right?) Your summer should be great. 
I am still working in Mlungisi. So I really had nothing change for me. 6 more weeks here. :) should be fun. And there has been no news on my visa. :( 
Thanks for the prayers. This last week has been better. I think stress had a big part in them as well. I can buy ibuprofen and I am looking for Vitamin C. It should be here somewhere. We are just always rushing when we go shopping. So I will find some! I carry around so Ibuprofen in my bag. I take it soon. Every now and then I have been needing two. But everything is good now. They do sell some protein bars ( a little more expensive, but I might be able to get some). 
Thanks for everything. For your prayer, love, and emails. 
Dad, Thank you for the funnies. They are great!  We will be having our zone conference next week. So it should be just like that. It should be a great one, President Wood leaves at the end of the transfer. Going home. So we will get Pres and Sister Merrill (from AZ) soon. There is a chance of my having 3 different mission presidents. Which is kinda cool considering all the blessings I have had have said something about my relationship with my Mission President. 
That is such a great missionary plan. There is a strong movement that will hopefully soon be here. The east London Stake will split next year. They want to split it into three stakes, one of which would be a Queenstown stake. It would be exciting if we could get everyone involved in the work. Apparently there was even a prophesy from the stake patriarch that a temple would be built in East London within his lifetime. That would be wonderful! Only a two hour drive for the members here. The work moves forward. 
The Ward is changing back there. I had the thought the other day that I will return home and not remember or know anyone's name. Hopefully I will still recognize some of the members. 
Have fun with all of the summer camps. Sounds like you will have a great time. Tell Megs that she is a sweet-heart as well :) And have fun with the skit.
My new area is my old area. I have a 6 month area. So Bishop is the same, people are the same, Companion is the same, and the faithful bikes are the same. All that is really changing is the weather. :) I love it!
So this last week we were involved with the transfers, but we still got to see some people. Bro Mongezi had the funeral for his wife. Boy is that man staying strong. I sense that this tragedy will bring him closer to Christ and the Ward. He is a good man. That was a big part of our week. We are spending our last moments with the Thomas' in QT, but they will only be two hours away. so we will be able to see them often (especially with zone conference and interviews coming up). They will be missed. 
I had Brother Johnson my Junior year for seminary. And that is a great scripture. I have been think about the word cross especially in contrast with Elder Bednars talk about the Load. I got a Liahona this week so I will be starting my studies of this last General Conference as soon as I finish with October. 
So much is going on. And What I have noticed is that my mission is going by fast. So enough I will be home and in the middle of all of the craziness. Makes me nervous. 
Dad do you remember your feelings about having your greenie area become a 6 month area. I love this area but I want to experience something new at the same time. New people, new opportunities, new area. But I am grateful to have this next six weeks, because hopefully by the end I will be able to go to Botswana. I don't know I just wanted to ask. 
Thanks for everything you guys.  
Also that reminds me. We were just about certain that I would leave. (for many different reasons) So I went around with another missionary, who was going to go home, to say some good byes. The people were all surprised and sad about the news of my probably leaving. So when I went around again to say my hellos to all those I said goodbye to, they were all very happy. I even come to find out that some even prayed that I wouldn't leave. That kinda shows the experience I have had so far. This has been a great area. And I am happy to still be here. 
Really I am just happy to be serving a mission for the Lord. 
Thanks for everything Mom and Dad. I hope you all have a great week. Full of missionary opportunities. 
Love you lots!!
Love, 
Elder Pennington  

No comments:

Post a Comment