BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, July 7, 2014

Catching up - May12th Letter

Dear Mom and Dad,

I loved very much to have talked with you guys. I miss you all a lot. but I know that I am here for a reason. 
So Daryll and Lyenette, (the people who let us missionaries use their computers to Skype home for Mother's day). They are very great people. He is a member. Kind of less-active. He was disfellowshipped but is now working on coming back. She is a nonmember, but has been working with the missionaries and is just waiting for him to baptize her. They are a great couple. Lovely people. After Skype they feed us...GOOD! It was great. I will look for contact info for sure. Thanks for being able to skype!
Thanks Mom. I hope I still look great with my new Haircut. I don't know why I couldn't wait for the Thomas' but I felt it was too long. now I appreciate it long :) Moments like that I wish you were with me. Thank you for the many years of haircuts. I love you soo much. I hope you had a great mother day. 
Dad- Here I am following up. I made a friend with Bro Nuttalls referral. He lives in Joburg though. So a little out of my area :) But he says we should meet sometime, in cape town most likely. He sounds like a great guy. When I explained that I was a missionary, he kindly mentioned he was Jewish. But I feel that one day this man will accept the gospel. Nice guy. I will keep in contact with him. 
I love having new and different companions. They teach me so much. Each is special and different. Elder Cathemer has been great. Everyone calls me Penny. They make me feel like I belong. Even though every now and then I still feel like a fish out of water. 
Also Bro Nancels brother, who was in Botswana... trained an Elder who lives in the boarding accross from ours. Elder Labrum.... Connection to home and my original mission assignment :) 
I loved very much talking to you all. Thank you for your prayers and words of wisdom. 
I love you all very much. Sharp (slang for cool)
 
I love you!!!
Elder Pennington
PS the count down to Christmas is on. Also In that package... if you could include some kind of calender that would be great. Something that will bring a little bit of home into my boarding. 
Again Love you.
Elder Penny

No comments:

Post a Comment