BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, July 7, 2014

June 30th - Almost caught up

Hey Mom and Dad,
I don't know where the time is going but it seems to go faster every week. This week was great. We had a rebaptism of a member who lost her records. Next week I will confirm her. She was a good member for the last 20+ years, so it was a special moment. Crazy on the side of the missionaries putting everything together but she thought it was kinda cool to be baptized again. Also We are teaching a mother and her son. Both love church and God and listen to every word we and the Spirit teach. We love teaching them. We had a powerful lesson on the Book of Mormon with them this last week. There is a light and a fire building within that family. 
Also President Wood goes home tomorrow. And President Merrill will be my mission President. This will be pretty cool. I look forward to getting to know him. 
And I had a wonderful package from my wonderful family. Thank you so much :)

Mom, Next transfer will be next week. So in two emails you will know my transfer news. I am most likely moving areas. Which makes me super nervous. But Excited at the same time! I will serve where ever planted and right now the only news I have is that I am planted here in SACTM so here I will stay. Until I am needed else where.
I can't wait to hear where Bry is called. Too Much! Serious! :) 
I love you mom!! :) have a great week! Are your headaches doing better. I have ahad a couple this week, but they were okay, went away pretty easy. Thanks for the prays and love (and package). Love you!
Dad, I love that topic. It goes well with a thought I had about Ammon and his People. They were named the people of Ammon becuase of the relationship he had with them. He and his brothers were considered angel sent to free them. How cool is that esp. for missionaries. pres. Derrick mentioned that my name will be remembered. What a humbling thought! Now I just have to remain worthy of their trust. In PMG it tells us that. I love this work! 
Sounds like you had a good 5th sunday. I joined Gospel Principles but couldn't join the last hour because of the baptism. But I heard it was good. 
Meals are good. We eat out only on fridays for lunch. We cook breakfast, lunch and dinner most days but at least a couple of days each week someone has the missionaries over. So that is nice. Most of the time it is chicken and rice and some veggies. So not too bad. We get by. 
I have been going through many of the Laws and Ordinances with our recent converts. And through the Plan of Salvation. I love teaching. We have a good number. it can range between 7 lessons a week (with lots of cancellations) and 20ish lessons. We keep as busy as we can. 
I love that mission strategy.I feel it will work well. :) 
 
I love you Dad! I hope you have a great week. Give everyone a big hug for me! Have fun!
Love Elder Pennington
:)

No comments:

Post a Comment