BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, July 7, 2014

June 23rd

Dear Mom and Dad,

Sorry that this will not be as long as other emails, but I will try and get the important things out of the way. 
Thank you mom for keeping a little in my account. That is all I need. we get about 700 twice a month, but sometimes that disappears quicker than other times. So having a little in Home Account is very nice. But I am trying to become better at budgeting. Hopefully I will become a little wiser when it come to shopping. I should have watched you a little more. One thing I have learned is not to go shopping when you are hungry. So I should be doing better, but during this next week I might use a little from home, but I will keep it as minimal as possible.
And as far as opening our mouths...it somewhat gets easier, but it does over time make even more sense and is something that love does overcome fear. Seeing people as children of God. Children of a Loving Heavenly Father who wants them to know of the Gospel as well. That thought helps me speak up. Nevertheless I still get nervous that I will say the wrong thing or something that might turn them away. but this gospel is perfect, not me. So as long as the Spirit is there what needs to be said will be said. And then it is up to their agency. 
I will think of some stories for next week when this has been seen in my mission work. I too love the work and it excites me. Just have fun and enjoy the moment. 
I am very grateful to have had you as my mother. I look forward to the day when I can get home and return to you guys. There is a question that missionaries get asked- "Are you the missionary that your mom thinks you are?" And I work every day to be that missionary. Thanks for you example and love.
Dad, that sounds like a powerful sacrament meeting. I felt the spirit of it. I wish I had missionaries come and help me in my prep. Hopefully the priests got something out of it. 
And It is slowly becoming real to me. Two years! But As I approach my birthday and thus 6 months, I am reminded again and again that this is an important wonderful work. I am so excited to soon have Bry in the field with us. I have been full of smiles for him. I can't wait to hear where in the vineyard he will go. 
Quick answer- So right now the Thomas' just have a big area to cover as a senior couple, but hopefully they will get a senior couple soon. Because we need it! They are such a great help. One day I hope to serve a senior mission with my wife. But anywho there is hope of a senior couple coming in about august. So fingers crossed.    
Again sorry This is so short. I love you all very much. I love your emails. They highlight my week. 
I love you Mom and Dad...thanks for everything!!

Love, your son, Elder Pennington
PS My studies have been all over the place from Chapter 1 in PMG, Alma 17+, and Jesus the Christ. Oh what a wonderful book that is. I have been so into it.
Again Love you Lots!

No comments:

Post a Comment