BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, August 31, 2015

August 31st 2015

Hey You Guys,

This week was a little bit better. We had Bishop's funeral on Thursday. A lot of people showed up. It was a very special one. 
We also had some very good lessons talking about faith and trusting in God. How Heavenly Father wants us to give us and all of us. And He will make of us what He sees we can become. Along with this we had several good member lessons, working hard to get them excited and ready to work more with us. This also provided a way for me to say some good-byes. 
Because transfer news has come and I will be leaving the area. I am going to go back to the Port Elizabeth zone. But I will be in a place called George. Probably one of the most beautiful places in the mission. It is about 2 1/2 to 3 hours from Port Elizabeth. So this is going to be in the middle of nowhere. But I am excited for the work. It is a good area right now, but has some great potential. It is a mission branch. So it will be a new experience. I am very excited for this page of my mission. :)
PS; Try looking George up on Google maps. Walk down the streets. Also try Knysna. Knysna is probably a little prettier than George. We will travel there every other week. The other Elders in my district are there. So I get to experience that too. Should be fun!
But that is about it for now. 

Dad, I think about that sometimes. I look at my mission right now and imagine what would be different if I were in Botswana. I am grateful to be here in SACTM. It has been a proving ground for me. A good place of growth. I will talk about it more later but, I agree, this mission seems to be tailored just for me. The Lord works in mysterious ways.
Thanks for the list of people that have seen Christ before his life on Earth. That is so very cool. A great study. 
It is amazing how fast time flies. Winter is fading on this side of the world. Looking forward to summer now, It is going to get hot. Although I will be in the mountains I believe. So that will make it nice. But Cape Town is ending the winter strong with lots of rain. It will be hot one day and then rain for a couple and then be hot again. Crazy weather :) 
But hey, all is good right now for me. Just have to do some packing and then on Wednesday I will fly back to PE and then make the long drive to George. Should be fun!
I love you Dad!

Mom, Yup Transfers are here. I am excited. It was hard hearing of Bishop's passing. The ward is taking it one day at a time. I didn't get the chance to get to know him very well, because he has been in and out of Hospital ever since I got here. But I have learned a lot more about the Lord's grand plan. He knows exactly what He is doing. 
Also church was good. some good-byes. They are a good ward. I will miss it. But also they had 5th Sunday lesson about the Sabbath-day. And so the primary somehow got me and my comp to do singing time and sharing time. So we sang some songs and then played hangman. Let the kids out on time, but their parents got out 15 minute later... so for a little bit of time there was kid chaos. It was funny, they just scattered everywhere. But we got through it. 
Well I am happy to hear things are going great over there. Thanks for the great update. 
I love and miss you too. I love reading all of your letters. You are the best!
Love you!!

Bryant, Bedford. Bedford falls?? I don't know if you remember but Bedford falls is the name of the town in Its a Wonderful Life , Must be a connection. :) 
Oh yeah, My new comp it Elder Si'ufanua from Samoa (if I remember correctly). It will be a fun time with him. I am super excited. 
Love Ya Brother!

Meagan, Thanks for the Pics. You are quite to photographer.
The Struggle is real. We have very similar experiences with asking people to be baptized. We need to be direct other wise they don't know what is going on. I am happy the week turned out okay. Keep working hard. We are doing good on this side. All is moving forward. Just loving life. Well Sis, Love you!!

Heidi, Yoga! Cool. Yoga is great for you. I hope you like it. You will have to teach me some stuff. I am happy you have a good week. I will try and be better at taking pictures. Because it will be a beautiful place. Plenty of pic possibilities. 
Love You Heidi!

Jera, Mere Christianity is a great book. But Narnia is a pretty good movie and book as well. It has been long since I have seen it. 
Things are good, just slow. Over the last little bit we have been kind of cleaning up our teaching pool. Just some people don't want to take it seriously. They don't want to change and they don't see how much we want to help them. But hey, agency is important. Maybe one day. 
Thanks Jera, Love You!!

Well, It has been great to talk with you again. Love you ALL so VERY much! Hope you have a great week. 

Love, Elder Pennington

PSSSSSSSS. Did you know that the song above is in our hymn book? I found that one out this week. :)  

No comments:

Post a Comment