BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, August 10, 2015

August 10th 2015



Hey You Guys!!
Well this has been another pretty simple but good week. Highlights of the week come from Zone Training where we talked about the Sabbath Day Observance. It was a good training, also had a great interview with President Merrill. (Actually I had two of them, one just a normal one, the other I got my Temple Recommend interview). 
Taught a great institute lesson. Meet some cool people as we were street contacting. That is the thing about mission, we meet so many wonderful people. But then they choose to not go forward with things. But some do. We taught Violet's cousin, Elled. He had stolen Violets Book of Mormon from her and started reading it on his own. Had a good lesson with him. He had some great questions. Like Who is Nephi? Simple things like that. But we answered the best we could. 
Then we have been trying hard to have some good member lessons. To be able to visit the members and ask them their conversion story. This will help us to get to know them more and led us into the Family Mission Plan. My area is a little far from the church and their are not many members, but the handful of members we do have are pretty solid. 
It was a good week overall. But nevertheless I am super excited to be able to email and talk with you all today. Begin the week right :)
Dad, That is a pretty cool talk. Great Blessings come as we keep the commandments. I especially like Paul... No matter the price. That is the test.
But it looks like you all had a great staycation. panning for gold and having Bahama Bucks and swimming. So many wonderful things. 
Although I can't believe that school is starting up now. I especially can't believe that Meagan is going to be in 11th grade. Dad, just as you gave permission to Nick for him to sit next to Heidi, Do you think you might have a chance to stop by Meagan's classes and see what Boys are sitting next to her. :) That would be great. 
Also Brother Nansel will do great in his new calling. We finally got a new Ward Mission Leader called. Since our last one was called to the Bishopric we have not had correlation. But we were supposed to have it yesterday, but that didn't work out with Brother Theo's Schedule. So we will hopefully catch him next time. Busy guy. But it will be nice to have someone else to work with. There is some great need to correlate with the move forward we are having with the Member Missionary work. But I wish Brother Nansel luck :)
Thanks for your great email. I love you Padre Amigo :)
Mom, Sounds like it will be a great but interesting year for the girls. At least Heidi is sitting next to Nick. But hopefully things figure themselves out. 
But that also looks like a great weekend staycation. Also new bikes, that is nice. A lot of fun. 
I just want to mention that I bought a couple of T-shirts and some sandals (I had to leave my other ones in PE, so I have been without for a while, but now I have some new roach squashers :) But I also bought a Fan T for the Springboks. In light of the Rugby World Cup they were selling them. Now I don't know if you all remember the movie Invictus, but it dealt with Nelson Mandela and the Springboks (probably one of the first movies I will watch when I get home). But yeah, thats the Springboks. The shirt says "Springboks have Gees." I thought that Gees was a funny word choice but in fact it means "Spirit, Wit, Intellect..." in Afrikaans. So that will be fun. And also the G it makes that sound when someone (no names will be given) tries to rid the though of flem. So that is my language lesson today :)
But this week was very simple. No cool stories this time. We just met alot of normal people this week. Really I think it just comes down to Dad's talk. As we are obedient God will be with us. He watches over us and will help us be the best we can be. 
Mom, I hope this week goes well and that school won't be too crazy this week. Thanks for everything. I love you Mom!!
Bryant, This egg is an ostrich egg that has a carved design in it. But I still have not been able to get a hold of Owen (the man who does them) so I think that the thought might have to count this time around :) My time is running out in this area so Yeah :) I hope you have a great week too though. Keep well. Work hard and have some fun! I love you Bry (oh yeah... expect those miracles)!
Meagan, You are in 11th grade. In 11th grade I was over at the other building (that small one). We were about 70 kids and had some small school feel. The dance room was just about the size of a normal classroom. and they had weights just there divided by a wall that didn't even touch the ceiling. Did baseball with Coach Huggins. And that is about all I can really remember right now. But You are going to love it. But I am happy to hear that you had a great staycation as well. I hope those last moments of summer were great. Time is a gift... that is why it is called Present :) You will do well this week with school. I hope you take care and work hard. You are a great student. Enjoy the journey! I love you Meagan! 
Heidi, I hear you are sitting next to Nick, sounds like a cool kids. I also hear you went panning for gold. I feel like if you make several more trips you are going to be a rich kid. Maybe with all of the gold you are finding you will be able to buy us a family airplane. Do you think you will be able to do that for us? That would be awesome. I hope you are well. I believe you are in 6th grade. That was a fun year for me as well. That was probably when I started understanding who I was as a Member of the Church. I did a presentation on religion and I figured out how blessed I was to have the gospel in my life. That was also not the year that I was stung by a scorpion, but it was still a pretty good one. I think I tried to learn latin. Still played the drums a bit. I also accidentally lost mom palm pilot (sorry Mom). So if you borrow anything be sure to keep it safe and sound okay :) You too are a great student and you will have fun. Look for the good in every day. I am sure you will do just excellent. I do love you Heidi!!
Jera, I love you too. Hope you had a great week. 
I love you all. Keep working hard this week. Enjoy every step you take. I will email, same time (maybe) same place. :) Love you very much!
Love, Elder Pennington

No comments:

Post a Comment