BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, August 17, 2015

August 17th 2015

Hey You Guys!!!

This has been a very interesting week. We have had many small funny moments. From Cedric (a Muslim) complaining to us about a happy clappy church waking him up at 3 in the morning. To a former investigator telling us about the new church he is a part of. A church that was started by a Meth addict. In fact this investigator told us that this man was high at the time he received the heavenly direction to stat this church. To several good lessons. One of which is a couple from Malawi. We met the Brother on Saturday. Gave him and testified of the Book of Mormon. Then the next day We met with the Sister. Asked if she had any questions about the lesson we had last week. And all of a sudden the Brother took over and taught the restoration again, this time in her native tongue. It was pretty cool to witness how much he had understood and was able to repeat to her. Small little miracles. With that it was a pretty good week. Enjoyed it a lot. 

Dad, Surprise visits are always nice. We also had an Area 70 come and visit our ward. Elder Giddy is from the Mowbray ward but came over to us because they were going to have ward conference. So he came and gave a talk at our ward. Talked about what it means to preside. The responsibility. It was very interesting. I love those thoughts though. It has been fun trying to involve and get the members more excited in this work of salvation. All part thereof. It really is a great work we are a part of. 

Hey I found this really cool talk from Elder Corbridge. He gave it to his missionaries. It is called the Fourth Missionary. It is a very interesting talk. (BRY you would like it too)
I am doing good right now. Thanks for everything. I love you Dad!!

Mom, my weeks have been good. No major headaches lately. 
I am happy Heidi is enjoying school. That is nice. 
Family history is great. Our Priesthood lesson was on the Elderly and all the things we need to do as Elderly (some of the things we need to do before we are Elderly). It was good. 
Transfers are coming up in two weeks. It is hard to believe that the time is moving so fast. Matthew comes home soon. WOW. Then the Young Women are now off to college. Am I going to recognize anyone? :) Things have been good over here though. Just pushing forward and having a lot of fun. Just a thought that I had. With Africa places like Zimbabwe and DRC the gospel is moving forward with great haste. We will run into people from those places and they know the Book of Mormon. They might recognize the church. Or know people from the Church. It is such a small world. So much fun finding those being prepared.
Thanks Mom. I hope you Enjoy your week. Love You!!

Bryant, Love You Brother! Keep up the Great Work!

Meagan, Your week was crazier than mine. That is a funny story. I am happy you were able to find Victoria. 
Although my first thought was last I checked you were a young 14 year old girl. Crazy how time flies. But it sounds like your school days are going to be mighty busy. Too much running around. 
Megs I love you too!!

Heidi, Just a note Heidi, we had a skeleton in Mrs. Townsend's class and we named her Porterella. That was alot of fun. Stanley is a good name too.   
I did some indexing too. I don't have much time, but I try and take a moment when I am at the office. Add to the Pennington numbers :) 
And Heidi, I don't know if you know this but you are missing a tooth in that picture you sent me. Where did it go? You too are growing up so fast. That is so crazy. I hope you have a great week at school this week. Love you Bud!

Jera, Thanks for the pictures. Those girls are so funny. They always provide smiles on this side. I am sorry that you are the one to attract the bad luck. But stuff like that happens. Those funny lake creatures. But sounds like you are having fun over there. 
Thanks for the stories. Love you Jera!!

Well Looks like we all had a pretty good week. Looking forward to another great one. I love and miss you all too. Hope you all keep well. 

Love, Elder Pennington the Elder

No comments:

Post a Comment