BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, August 3, 2015

August 3rd 2015

Hey You Guys,
Well this has been another interesting week. My companion has been a little sick. So that somewhat slowed down somethings. But he didn't want to stop working so we pressed forward. It was a good week. Had plenty of interesting lessons with people. People wanting to argue about the Book of Mormon and such. People who also asked some brilliant questions like "How can we know a true prophet?" And so on. It was a very tiring week. 
We also had a Zone Meeting. Meet together to discuss how we are moving forward as a mission. We are making a nice move with Member Missionary work. Helping people with their Family Mission Plans. Beginning with Getting to know them, Conversion stories and such. Then moving forward and working closely with them to "test the promises." Helping them also grow in their faith and help in this wonderful work. It was a good Zone Meeting and we are looking forward to moving in this direction. 
It was overall a pretty good week. 
Dad, Yes. His name is Anyway (spelled just like that) Kambeva. From Zimbabwe. Zim has many interesting names. But they do provide variety to our teaching pool. We have a sister named Silence as well. 
I will take some time with your question. What a very nice one. I have been thinking a little bit about that now. I am in the final couple of transfers and I am in a position of seeing and meeting the new missionaries. I love greeting them and talking with them a bit. It is fun to spend time around them. I remember how I felt in their shoes. I remember how some older missionaries would rub it in. I didn't like that much. Instead I try to comfort, befriend and encourage. 
I am sorry to be thinking about this but It is August. Two years ago I was going through President Derricks 30 challenge for me. To find out for myself if then was the time to go. Shortly after I went to the temple for the first time. I have missed the temple and everything there. I will be having to renew my recommend just now. Time has flown by. I am grateful and happy to be here on my Mission. To be here in the service of the Lord. Now is just a matter of continuing to make everyday count.
But yeah. 
Maybe I will have to take a moment while in the Office to do some Family History as well. Indexing. Something else I miss. Penningtons are going to win :) 
Thanks dad for your great emails. I love you Dad!
Mom, I love being your son. 
I am waiting to meet up with the Owen. He is just a busy guy. So I probably will not get a chance to get something before I leave this area. I will have to think of another cool thing to buy. But I will go get something. Thanks. 
Indexing would be fun. Those are some great team leaders :) But I feel I will be a little bias on this one. 
The work is good. Moving forward. Especially with this member missionary work. It is going to be exciting. It is always nice to walk down good old memory lane. :) I hope you had a great trip. 
Mom, thanks for the wonderful email. I do love reading them. Hope you have a great week! I love you Mom!
Bryant, I love you. I hope you are having a great transfer! I do love ya Brother!
Meagan, There is a new Mission Impossible. Wow. :) Sounds like you are going to be pretty busy now. Give your all but don't forget to sharpen that saw of yours. 
And I did not guess that you didn't make it, you are the best dancer in the family thus far. You will do great out there. It is just how I missed the baseball team by two. After Ari. Strange things right. I hope you have a great week. Love you Meagan!
Heidi, Bahama Bucks, Lucky :) I loved those weeks in which we did not do much. You are preparing for school Eh. That will be fun. Enjoy every moment of summer you got left. Just keep on Swimming!!! I love you so much as well! 
Jera, That is so cool. Yesterday we had a little boy pray in one of our lessons. He said. "Dear Heavenly Father, I go to the church. I go to the school. I go to the Shoprite. Amen." Everyone had a great big smile on their faces at the end of that prayer. :) 
I have only biked for about 4 months out of the 18 thus far. So I have not logged in very many miles. I have been in driving areas for the most part. It is hard when we have many cars in the mission but very few licensed drivers. But I get by :) I do like biking though. Makes me feel like a normal missionary. 
I love you Jera!
Well Everyone the time has gone again. One more P-day is slowly going away. Thanks for the great emails. I love reading your wonderful words of love. I hope you all have the best week ever. Keep well. I love you all very much!
Love, Elder Pennington 

No comments:

Post a Comment