BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, August 25, 2015

August 25th 2015

Hey You Guys!

This has been quite the week. Some craziness has been going on. We had some great lessons. Some good exchanges. Some great moments to think and ponder on how things are going. On Friday our Bishop passed away. He had been struggling with his Liver and they called him up on Friday saying that he was good to go now for a transplant and he did not make it. That has kind of set the week. 
We nevertheless had a missionary activity of watching Meet the Mormons with the ward and their friends. A small turn out, but due to circumstances it was pretty good. I mean the week was good, one of our best as of lately, but it has been one that has had me try and look forward. But it has been one of great learning. But we are getting there :) Gotta Keep Your Head Up!

Dad, Yup, Progression is there. I do love the progression that comes on mission. So many choices that help us grow as we are willing to follow and obey. Focus comes with that Discipline. "Doing what you don't want to do, when you don't want to do it, because you know you should." Or "Not doing what you want to do, when when want to do it, because you know you shouldn't." My thoughts on focus have been growing lately as well. Just as it was when his focus left the Savior that Peter began to sink, once we think about the other things around us, even good things, our task that we are doing might most likely suffer. Focus is important. Sometimes I feel like I have a little ADD getting caught up in something so unimportant and trivial. But it just distracts. And it kind of slows things down. Whereas as we REMEMBER then we will be able to move forward. 
A couple of weeks ago you asked about the secret to missionary work as well. I truly feel that that Love or Charity that we seek for will help us keep that focus, remembering that it is not about us. 
But just as you had mentioned with the goals and what our approach should be, in inviting Heavenly Father more into the process. Counseling with Him in all of our doings. That is when we will be able to grow in our faith and walk on the water. :) 
But here is a quote that I had found this week in "the Fourth Missionary." It is by CS Lewis. 
          "Give me all. I don't want so much of your time, so much of your talents and money, and so much of your work: I want You. All of you. I have not come to torment or frustrate the natural man. but to kill it. No half-measures will do. I don't want to only prune a branch here and another there; rather, I want the whole tree out. Hand it all over to me, the whole outfit, all of your desires, all of your wants and wishes and dreams. Turn them all over to me, give yourself to me and I will make of you a new self in my image. Give me yourself and in exchange I will give you Myself. My will, shall become your will. My heart, shall become your heart." (Mere Christianity, C.S. Lewis, p. 167)
But it looks like things are moving forward Nicely over there. Shawn will be on mission soon. A Black widow did not take you away from us. And you have three missionaries serving in the ward. Sounds like a lot of fun. It is interesting being in a Tripanionship. :) 
Thanks for the email Dad. I love you Bunches!

Mom, Things are getting hot on this side. We have had some hot days lately. And also some days with a drizzle of rain. But I also got the chance to index 44 names. Not like someones 900 or my grand total of 8000. But I hope it helps us win :) 
Change is always going to be there. Hopefully we keep getting plenty of good people who will help the church grow even more. Over here the ward just seems to be the same. But things are moving forward. We will see how things go with the upcoming transfers. 
Mom, I love you so much. Hope you have a wonderful week!

Bryant, I love you  Brother! You are the best! Kia Kaha! 

Meagan, I love Tuesdays with Morrie. That is a fun book. I don't know if you already are, but I wrote some notes in my book (and took out some of the bad words and stuff :) Enjoy your reading. Don't forget to sharpen your saw. Get a good nights rest. You are doing great. Just keep swimming :) 
Love ya Sis!

Heidi, I hear you are falling asleep. You can do it! You are the indexing champ. Keep working hard and enjoy your time of rest. Keep working hard and give tatum a hug and a kiss on the nose for me :) Love you more than chocolate mountains :) 

Jera, Hope you had a great week. Wanted you to know that I love you too!

Love you all so very much. I hope you have a wonderful-terrific-great-fantastic-fabulous-awesome week! :)

Love, Elder Pennington

No comments:

Post a Comment