BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Friday, July 3, 2015

June 29th 2015

Hey You Guys,
This has been a good week. We had a Zone training on Tuesday. It was very nice. We talked about the importance of the Book of Mormon in missionary work. Using it in Finding and Teaching. When talking about finding we discussed what Elder Donaldson talked about. Talking simple and like people. So we have been trying to use that more. "Here is a Wonderful Book. The Word of God. A book that has brought great Joy to my life and will bring great joy to your life as well." Just something simple like that. It was a great training. 
We also on Sunday received a visit from Elder Hall from the Area. Our ward has been visited many times by the Stake President because right now Brother Leonard the 2nd Counselor is the only member of the bishopric. So he has been talking alot with the Stake President. But that has brought many Sacrament meetings of special and wonderful talks. It was great to have Elder Hall there. He gave a great talk on the Law of Compensation. Very interesting topic about how the Lord will always provide and give more. He even brought up Mosiah 16:6. Talked about the Atonement being so certain that it was as if it had already happened. It was nice. 
With that our week was good. We had some fun. Meet with Patrick (the man that we had met last week) every day but Monday and Sunday. Already on the commandments. Great man. They are reading the Book of Mormon very well. 
Dad, Summer was always so much fun. I remember the summer we unplugged and only played games. That was quite the memory. Small little changes in my life are what I seem to remember most. I reflected this week on the moments I made covenants. I tried to remember how I felt those days. At baptism so many years ago and in the temple just about 2 years ago. I don't have a perfect memory. I remember receiving gifts at baptism and the building I was in. But with that not too much else, except that I was feeling good. Like a warm embrace. 
Then with the temple. Walking through with you there. Seeing everyone who came in white. The peace and joy that comes. These are special moments. I am grateful for the covenants that I have made. I am grateful for your help in getting to those points. This last week we have been working with Patrick and his Daughter Gertrude. Both are great at reading the Book of Mormon. but as we talk about Baptism it seems they aren't as 100% clear. We have explained everything but it seems that they are just going to show up on Sunday and be baptized only not to return again. They understand that it is an important thing to do... they just don't understand the Change that is going to come. And that is why I have been pondering the change in my life. Sometimes I don't feel that changed. But I guess that is why the sacrament is there every week. Why we pray every day. And so on. To slowly change us and mold us into our Eternal Potential. A lot to think about. 
Thanks for your study updates. It is always kind of cool seeing the patterns in life. My mind loves picking up patterns. Thanks for being the best! I love you Dad!
Mom, Thanks for the wonderful email. I love the family history stuff. It has been great to read. I have been caught up with time. I love the whole Sabbath day thoughts. My thoughts this last week was whole it is a Sign between us and God. What kind of sign are we giving Him. What does He mean to me? The Sabbath day is a chance to show Him what He means to us. I love that topic. 
We get those lessons every now and then. They just don't go very smoothly. But we then adjust and battle. 
I did get my birthday package. It was wonderful. I love you Mom!
Sorry for being so short. I am being kicked out of the office right now. So I will right more tomorrow. Benefits of the office. Again sorry that you won't get everything today. I do love you all!
Love, Elder Pennington  
 
Hey Again.
I found a way to finish emails when I am supposed to. So let's get everything done here. Sorry for any challenges. Love you all.
Mom, I loved the package. Because it is for my birthday I just took the conference ensign so that I could study it. And put the rest in my closet. Thanks for thinking of me. I do love the simple thoughts. For my birthday I am thinking about maybe buying like a t-shirt or something small like that. But the thing I am most excited for is I will try and buy an ostrich egg. There is a guy here that will carve into these eggs. Missionaries have gotten temples and stuff carves. pretty cool. I was thinking about that. He does it for like 350 rand. Not bad for a nice souvenir. I am thinking about maybe doing the gilbert temple. I am excited though. Just my thought of what to do. But that is about it for now. I am just thinking about maybe getting some South Africa things. I mean how many times do I get to come here? 
Thanks Mom for everything. I love You!!!
Meagan, Your hair looks great. It really sounds like you are enjoying summer. You are so much better than Bry and I. Our friends would have to force us away from the house if we were even going to do anything outside. But You have thought of how to bring your friends over. I always knew you were more clever than us :) I am happy you are doing well. Keep making all of your summer days nice and eventful. I love you Meagan! Have a wonderful week!
Heidi, you clever little one. I can't believe you are learning the piano. On your own. Way to go. Those are two of my favorite songs. I love them and can't wait to hear you play them. Keep making the most of summer. You are off to a great start. I love you Heidi!!
Bryant, Keep Working Hard Elder!!! Love YOU!
Jera, I love the pictures. Patrick is doing great. He gives such great summaries. But we are now just pushing them toward baptism. But I know the converting power of the Book of Mormon.... Miracles will happen. I am working on my Sabbath day holy as well. That is one of our hardest days. Not many people want to listen. For some odd reason. Most think that their church is enough for one day or something. Add to that we are only forsure feed once a week after church. And they go all out for that meal. So often times we have to thanksgiving sleepiness problem. So we have to continually push ourselves through the day. That is if I don't fall asleep on the way. :) I love you Jera. No major birthday requests. I will keep thinking. Love you!
Well I love you all so very much!! Hope you have a wonderful week. Merry Christmas. (Oh wait Christmas is in Summer over here :) Love you!
Love, Elder Pennington

No comments:

Post a Comment