BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, July 13, 2015

July 13th 2015

Hey You Guys,
This has been quite the week. We have been working hard and moving forward. Hard to believe that Week 5 is now done. The transfer is almost up. Change is upon us. Elder Vanfleet and I have been preparing for that change. 
I went on Exchange this week. One with a Zone Leader- Elder Dangerfield. It was nice. He had just come from Cleary (actually serving with Elder Mei) and so I had some catch up to do with him on my old area. It was a good solid day. We had some fun. -one of the missionaries in our area had been converted upon finding a Book of Mormon in a random place. Elder Dangerfield and I were talking about this and decided to plant a Book of Mormon. So We wrote a little note with our info and a brief testimony of the Book of Mormon. upon doing that we decided to just hand it to some one, smile, and keep on walking. So that is what we did. There was a man sitting on a nearby bench. I place the book in front of me and as I was handing it to him, he very anxiously and graciously accepted it. I just said "this is for you. Enjoy." That was really fun. Kind of the highlight of the day. 
That kind of sums up the week. Just a lot of little moments that seemed to keep pushing us forward. Patrick and his daughter are doing well. They keep on reading. Right now we are in lesson 5. It would mean we are close to baptism, but every time we talk about baptism and a date, Patrick is like "it's fine." I asked him if it was something he wanted. He then was like "I have already been baptized." So We went through the need for an answer. A divine answer. His daughter though seems to understand perfectly but out of respect for her father will not move faster than him. So we are getting there. But that is our life right now.
Dad, Thanks for the Power Hour. That is an awesome way to get members excited. We have been doing our Testing the Promises of the Lord in our mission but have not yet included the members in it yet. This would be a great way to included them. Thanks for sharing. 
Thanks also for the story of my birth. That was quite a time. I only remember it so well :) I can't believe that I will be turning 20 next week. Time has gone by too fast. It is hard to keep up with everything. 
The area is looking good. We have been trying to keep on finding. Our teaching pool is growing and just when that happens it seems like things just slip. We went to go see Patricia. It made me sad when she said that Milnerton was not for her. She said she was not happy. All for our Bible studies as they call it but as for going to church she has no more desire to do so. She felt with anything she said she was making enemies and such. It hurt to hear that she no longer wanted to go forward in that direction. She was doing so well but now it has been up in the air with her. :( but I guess that this is where agency and the like comes in. Hopefully one day she will accept and move forward again. It would be nice if that was while I was here. But according to His will. 
But that is how our area is, still struggle to have people come to church. We will have to just keep working on that. 
My Companion and I have been doing good. It has been great to serve with Elder Vanfleet for the three transfers. I have been able to learn and grow alot. He has been a great help to this area. 
Anyway, that is a cool old house. Fun things to do during the summer time. 
I hope you enjoy your week. Thanks for your wonderful Email. I love you Dad!
Mom, I hope to be able to get the egg. Being the winter time Owen (the guy who carves the eggs) has been running around doing other things. Hopefully I will be able to get something. But I guess we will figure everything out as it goes. Thanks for the picture though, that will help. 
Everything seems to be changing back home. The school, the ward, even Meagan will be almost done with school. So hard to believe that a year and a half has passed. But now more than ever will I need to keep my focus. There has been so much to do. 
Thanks mom for your email. 
I went to Sunday School this week for a moment to help talk about Covenants. There is a Sweet family in our ward Anyway and Millie Kambeva. She teaches the Youth Sunday School. And had us come in to share the missionary side of helping people come unto Christ by making Covenants. It was fun. Made me think of your class. Youth are too funny :) 
I love you Mom, I hope your headaches are okay. Thanks for all you do. Love you!
Bryant,  I love You Brother!
Meagan, That is quite the week. I am happy to hear of all that you are doing to make the most of summer. Shoes and friends. Sounds like the life. 
It is so weird not to be on that side of StuGo activities. Sounds like a fun one though. Who is your advisor? (Thats okay, I probably would not recognize the name :) But happy to hear that the movie was good. Every time we go to McDonald's to go to the Bathroom they have the little toys and I makes me curious about the movie. One day right? 
How do I receive the Holy Ghost. That is a great topic. First you need to follow the Gospel. Faith repentance, Baptism. Than you can receive the gift of the holy ghost by the laying on of hands. Then He can be a constant friend, companion only if we are worthy and willing to listen. That is key our worthiness allows us to hear the still small voice. Our willingness shows that we are trying hard to follow the Lord and thus continually seek His help in all that we do. Then will the Holy Ghost be able to guide us. You have a fun topic :) Love it! You are doing great. Enjoy camp. Can't believe you are a YCL. Crazy! Love you Sis!!
Heidi, Lots of relaxation, that is good. What movie did you see with your friend? What is your friends name? I need to know these details before you grow up too and become a YCL at girls camp. :P I love you Heidi and I hope you have a wonderful week. Keep relaxing. XD Love you Bud!
Jera, It is cold here. Not terrible, but I still often wear my jersey (sweater) and my coat. But probably like 60s maybe 70s. I don't know. But it sounds like you got through the week pretty good. Things are all good on my side of the world. Going well. 
Thats sweet. There will be too much to catch up on with my 6 months on mission while I am 20 :) But I will right most of them down in my journal. That way it will be a little easier. Well I hope you enjoyed your run. Love You Jera. Hope you Have a Happy Birthday this Sunday!
I love you all very much. Hope you have a great and wonderful and special and terrific and awesome and even greater week this next week. 
 
Love Elder Pennington the Elder

No comments:

Post a Comment