BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, July 6, 2015

July 6th 2015


Hey You Guys!
Another week has gone away. Another 4th of July in Africa. We didn't do much. Tried to have some great appointments but they all canceled but one. Which was a pretty good one. So for most of our 4th we did some finding. We had also more cookie making and a braai planned with a member but they dropped us as well. But that happens. 
The rest of the week was good. Continued to teach Patrick everyday. We are slowly getting him ready for baptism but we will probably not be able to see him as much this next week. He is starting to work this week. And has some pretty crazy hours. But hopefully we will not be taken too far from him. They are a good little family. We are so super excited for them to come to church. 
We also helped a part member family move this week. They moved from a 1 room flat to a little apartment with 2 rooms and a lounge. But with their "extra" space they filled that up quick with a new couch, a giant tv, a new coffee table. So things are still a little squished but hey if that is what they want. 
Dad, It is always great hearing from those wiser and more experienced. I love the correlation between service and wisdom. Those are some great men. 
I miss our cemetery trips. I remember slightly our trip to Tucson. That was a lot of fun. Memories are wonderful. Those girls were great troopers though. 
That is interesting the connection between the past and now. Our "fathers" have a great connection in our life. Hearts of the Father to the Children and visa versa. We talked about the temple in District Meeting this week. It was nice. I do miss that wonderful place and can't wait to go soon. (I find it hard to believe that I am already in need of another temple recommend interview this upcoming month. Time just flies.) 
Another memory come from that story from President Monson. I remember the FHE that we had on it. I think I have that paper in my quote book. I will have to take a look at what was important to me that night. 
Life has been good on this side. Our local leaders are great. Bishop sat on the Stage this week. He is moving good, but his coloring is off. Slowly recovering. But the bishopric is now complete as our Ward Mission Leader is now the first counselor. We also have been able to work closely with the 2nd Counselor since he is in our area and we can take him to appointments. Took him to Patrick and we are all really excited for Patricks progression. 
So we are slowly building relations. the rest of the presidents are quite far from us so we just talk with them at church. Slow but improvement is coming.
But I know how it feels with the tiredness. That happens at time with planning. So yeah.
Dad I love you. Hope you have a great week. 
Mom,  I love writing you too. Sounds like plenty of fun 4th celebrations from your side. So hot though. I have been wearing my sweater (or jersey as they call it here). I will have to try the peach cobbler. This week I might try something new. I haven't gone too crazy with cooking lately but I might cook chicken in a bag this week. They have handy little chicken in a bag mix and chicken was on sale so I am going to eat good :) But I always eat good because we have had many members who have been feeding us. So I have been greatly blessed. 
I love that post. Funny stats right. Apparently Hippos are pretty dangerous. 
Thanks for the family history facts and figures. I are excited to insert in my Family book. You are the best. 
I hope you have a wonderful week. I love You MOM!
Bryant, Love You too!
Meagan, Not much from my side either. On the 4th I did take a nap. It was little but nice. And take peace that most of us just burn, except for Dad and Heidi. We just have to live with out whiteness and our burning abilities. 
Our week was good. Some good lessons. I am happy you had a great week. I love you Meagan!
Heidi. I love the Picture that dad sent. You look good on the bike. I am Sad about Elders Packer and Perry. They were good men. But I feel they are happy helping the work on the other side. They understood the importance of things here. 
So you went swimming. Did you teach yourself to swim yet? B-) Love you Heidi. You And Megs should keep enjoying your lazy days. :)
Jera. Thanks for the pictures. They are great. Looks like fun in Oregon. We did enjoy the week. We have a member family that is preparing for their adopted girls baptism within the next year or so. Her biological mom was doing drugs and there have been some learning side affects with this young girl Zoe. But she is fun and we have enjoyed practicing our "simple" teaching with her. This last week we asked her to say a prayer. "I only know food prayers" she replies. "Thats okay you can replace bless this food with bless my mind or something like that." We assure her. "I am going to say brain" she says. So she began. "Thank you for this food. Please bless my brain that it will work. Amen." :) It made us laugh. They are so many funny little things that we get when we are teaching people. 
Over all our week was A nice and simple one. Everything is going good on this side. Just enjoying every moment. I love you Jera!
Well Everyone. Thanks for the wonderful emails and pictures. I love them all. Hope you all have a wonderful week. I love you!!
Love, Elder Pennington

No comments:

Post a Comment