BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, June 22, 2015

June 22nd 2015

Hey You Guys!
This week has gone by like that. We have been making many connections and wonderful findings. One man that we found was Patrick. He is awesome. Has a wife and two kids (17ish and 14). They are from Zimbabwe. We found him on Thursday. Shared the restoration. He loved it. Understood pretty good. We invited for Baptism but he said he was already baptized by Pope John Paul II. But we set up a time for Saturday. Came and checked up on Friday. Shared the Book of Mormon. Understood. Ready to read. Came on Saturday. His kids were there and enjoyed it. He had read the Intro and testimonies (more than most people around here, and he said he didn't read very much). Invited again. He wanted to know about the whole priesthood thing. Explained. Very good lesson. Wonderful. Also in each lesson he takes notes. Desires to learn more. A very good man. It has been fun teaching him. And he wants us to come back every day. Should be good.
Also another thing we had this week. We came upon a less-active man (also from Zim). As we were talking to him, we came to find out that his younger Sister is one of the people we are preparing for baptism. It is very much a small world. Especially in the Gospel. It will be nice for Brother and Sister to help support one another as they are both making those changes in their lives. With that the week was pretty good. Not too bad. Oh yeah. I also gave a talk in church. It was about families. Didn't do too bad considering I had three days to prepare. 
Dad, Happy Fathers Day. Sorry I couldn't send the picture right to your email, I had forgotten the change of email addresses. So I sent it to mom. Hope you liked it. Hope you enjoyed Fathers day. Yesterday they even gave me a cookie for fathers day.
It is pretty cool how the Lord is in the Details. He works in very mysterious ways. The Sister that we have been teaching has wanted to be baptized but she doesn't want to agree to a date. Still figuring things out kind of thing. But we can see that that is the step that she needs right now. Having her brother now involved will be nice. They are the ones that made the connection. She was visiting him and say the Book of Mormon that we handed him to read. He then told us when we went and visited him yesterday. He is like "You know that the Patricia you are teaching is actually my Baby sister." That was not what we expected, but it made our day. I think we have now found how we can keep moving on helping both Progress. That was a pretty special highlight. Couldn't have done it without Him.
That is exciting that you will be involved in the three-fold mission of the Church. That is pretty special. Thanks for all that you do. Your example of faithful service. Happy Fathers day. I love You Dad!
Mom, Thanks for your wonderful letter. I often feel the same way. We do the same thing everyday. And as different people are in this world. In missionary work they all seem to act the same in front of us. "Oh I can't turn away the word of God." "I can't turn away his missionaries." "oh it must be true, it talks about Jesus." "it's all the same God." The same story. That makes us very excited when some one actually truly wants to know. The desire more. Or they just tell us, not very interested. So I too am sorry when emails don't have a lot of details. That and my Journal entries. I seem to be writing the same thing every day. I hope that when my posterity read it they don't think that I served a boring mission. I had better spice it up now. :) Thanks Mom, I love you!
Bryant, I am happy to hear that you are doing well. I Love you Too!
Meagan,  we love you more than you know. You must be a master at volleyball. Happy you crushed them. Way to CRUSH them! Also congrats on not getting Sunburned. That is quite the accomplishment. And the Randolf House is pretty cool. It was great to serve there for a bit. I am happy you got to experience it. There is a pretty special spirit when one is serving. Enjoy your summer week. Love you more than you know!
Heidi, But wait there is more. If you buy one cumplento it is only one dollar, But if you buy two cumplento it is only two dollars. BUT if you buy 76778 cumplentos it is only $76778 Dollars. :) I am happy you had a good week. It is nice that you made dad a poster. You are great. Keep having a good summer. Are you reading any good books???? I love you Heidi (can't believe you are 16 (oh wait that is Meagan)) :) Love you!
Jera, 115 is crazy hot. Here it is about 59. But I get by. I just get so cold. 
Funny little Duke. Growing up. Mission has brought me to fall asleep in the shortest journeys. For example from one appointment to another. I have just been tired. Which is good, because it means I have been working. 
Those are some great pictures. I will have to get some more pictures for you. I really like the picture of the road and the clouds. nice shot. 
Thanks for the update. I love you Jera!
Love you all very much. Thanks for your wonderful emails. Your weekly adventures bring joy to my heart. Love you bunches!
Love, Elder Pennington

No comments:

Post a Comment