BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, June 1, 2015

June 1st 2015

Hey You Guys!!!

This has been a good week. Nothing too major happened, just preaching the Gospel :) It has been a good week for that. We have been working hard as we are coming to the End of the transfer. Elder Vanfleet and I have been together for 12 weeks at the end of this one. It has been a lot of fun. We have done some great work and now we will finish it off strong. We had some great less active lessons. Brother Burger still tells us stories. This week we did service with him and he taught us about the Bonsai trees he has. It is so much fun hearing his wonderful stories. We also had Burger King. There is one or two here in Cape Town. That was tasty. 
Another thing that showed how small the world is. There was a man that we had stopped to talk to on the street. He was not a member nor had he heard of the church. But he had on an Eagle Mountain Utah West Stake sweatshirt on. He had picked it up in Congo. The world very much is small. 
But that is a small highlight from this week. It was nevertheless quite the week. 

Dad,  Sorry to hear about the email. I really liked eyes4ward that was fun to say. Ashley is going off to Washington. That will be a great experience for her. And I wish I was there to be able to have seen all of the old faces. Time really has flown since changes have happened. 
Did I get an Eagle Scout knife too? 
I can't believe the girls are out of school already. Weird to think That I have been out long enough for them to have finished a year and a half. time is not with us is it. There never is enough. :) But we make the most of what we got. 
Just keep giving the girls chores. It makes the time go slower and in theory they would have a longer summer. :) Plus I know that they would enjoy the sweat and hard work. 
As far as that part of the Donaldson papers, I don't know about the mission as a whole but my companion and I have been working a little on talking to people. Not only keeping it real but also short and simple. 
Our lines mostly start with a Howz It? or How are you doing? But we get to that point and the person looks at us funny and says, "what do you want?" and then old habits kick in and we say "We got a message that has blessed our lives and would love to share it with you and your family." So it is still  a working progress. On a good day we would say, "We're missionaries and we share a short message about Jesus Christ and how we can draw closer to Him." Still working on some good ideas. Let me know if you have any good ones. But aren't those papers great. A very interesting talk. 
I love that talk that Bry had sent over. I am printing it out and will read that too. 
Dad, thanks for your thoughts and advice. I am very happy to be involved in this great work. I am grateful for your example of faithful service. I love you Dad!

Mom, You have some very proud sons. I for one love the opportunities to talk about my wonderful family (especially my great parents :) 
Sounds like you had a pretty good week on that side. the work moves forward Bold Nobly and Independent. I can't wait for my chance to just sit in the Celestial Room and view the crystals myself. One day. But for now I found a nice picture of the gilbert Temple in a Liahona that I look at every now and then. Fun. Sounds like when I come back everyone else will be on mission. Crazy thought. 
I think about President Riggs every now and then. I feel he has been on mission forever. But good to hear he will be coming home soon. I miss that guy. It has been a while. every now and then I feel like having a President Riggs "finger food" moment :) 
My area is good. We are working hard. We were so excited for Sunday. We had 4 people say they were going to come to church. Very promising people. Then Church came around and they did not. :( This has been a struggle for us. But we followed up with them. reasonable excuses but still not that solid compared to the importance of church. I don't know. We will see what we can do with this. 
Transfers are next week. So by the next time I email I should have some info for you. It is okay not to keep track. I should not count day but make the days count. And it truly is amazing how fast that makes things move.  Then you add my office duties and we are booking it. :) 
Bishop is doing okay. Still in ICU this week, but the update yesterday is if he does not have and major bleedings as he has in the past little bit, then they will move him to a ward. And with that he will be able to come back home next week. We keep praying for him. Sustaining has brought on a whole different meaning lately. With President Monson and the Quorum of the Twelve aging and all something that Elder Evans told us when he was here. "God speaks through his Prophets until his very last breath." Our Heavenly Father is in charge. We need to listen, follow, trust and obey. He knows what He is doing. As D&C 107:22 "upheld by the confidence, faith, and prayer of the church." We sustain our leaders is such a manner. It has been a very tender experience. 
Mom thanks for all you do. I love You!!

Bryant. You have an Ipad, that is pretty cool that you are able to be involved in the technological missionary era. I wish I could but if we had Ipads here, lets just say we would not have them for long :) But keep working hard. Know that I love you Brother!

Meagan, The Party Girl. You had a lot of parties this week huh? Sounds like Fun. So who is Solomon. Sounds like a wise young man. Happy you had fun. I bet you are happy to be in Summer. Enjoy the Arizona Sun. We have been having cloudy days and some rain. But it hasn't been too bad. 
Now as far as long weeks go, wait until you are graduating and you just have a couple of days left. Those are "fun." Keep well Meagan. Enjoy the break. Love you!

Heidi, Miss you too Bud. What was you teachers name? I don't think you ever told me. :( But I hope summer cheers you up. That will be fun. Cleaning the house every day. taking care of the garden (that is what they call the yard around here), giving tatum a bath every day. There is so much you can do during the summer. You might even want to try a tech free summer as we did so many years ago. That would be fun :) 
Hope you like my ideas. I love you Heidi!! 

Jera, it is kinda fun meeting people of different religions. For me I have come across alot of Christians, but there are alot of Muslims too. They are a very nice people. Also met some Hindus. The Indian people have some very nice food. It is very interesting the variety we have in this world. 
I can't believe Kora will be turning 4. Too much. She is a crazy little nut :) 
Love you Jera!

Well this has been quite the week. I can't wait to report on what will happen this week. Exciting times ahead!
Love You all Very Much!!

-Elder Pennington the Elder    

No comments:

Post a Comment