BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, June 15, 2015

June 15th 2015



Hey You Guys!
Well the transfer week has happen. All is the same here. Just working hard. We had met some wonderful people this week. One sister that we met, she has brought someone into her home who happens to be a member. He had left Zimbabwe about 5 years ago. Had not come to church here. Was going to serve a mission just before but then his mom passed away and he struggled with everything. Soon came down here to South Africa. He is a good guy, just going through some things right now. The Gospel can help. We also spent some time with a sister in our ward making cookies. I got a little crazy with the decorations. I feel that was in my blood :) It was fun to spend some time with her. She and her family have been having some struggles. Most of her famiy have become less active. She and her daughters and grandson are the ones holding strong. A good Sister. 
We also had Ward Conference. It was great. The Stake Presidency came and gave some great talks about loving one another.  
Missionary work has been good. We have been working hard. Trying our hardest to help people prepare for baptism, but of recent, they just don't want to take some steps of faith. One sister is coming great to church, just does not want to put a date on baptism. We are getting there though. Then our age old trouble of getting people to church. But nevertheless as we keep working the work will move forward. It is a great work. 
Dad, I do like that story from President Eyring. The fruits of conversion. The gospel is a part of change. We change in this life in one way or another. To follow Christ or not. And that change does show in small things. We had a lesson with a Sister about the Law of Chasity. It took the direction of Modesty and what it is and why it is important. She was defending those who don't dress very modest but reassured us that the change will come as they strive to know more about and follow the Saviour. It is amazing work of change to prepare us to meet our Father in Heaven. Thanks.
Yesterday felt pretty good too. The week was pretty great. We had worked hard and had set goals to work even harder this transfer. Plans have been set and steps have been taken. It was a great lesson on follow the Prophet. I kept coming back to the quote from Elder Evans. "The Lord speaks to his Prophet until his very last breath." I love having a living True Prophet. 
For me the verse in Mosiah 16. I feel it talks about the Eternal Truths. really that whole 2 Ne 25:26. The things that effect us Yesterday, Today and Forever! Very nice insight. And what a nice little study buddy. 
No major birthday plans. I will probably try to teach at least 3 lessons that day. Maybe get someone baptized :) On a tuesday. We will see. Also Thanks for the funnies. I love you dad!
Mom, Sounds like quite the week. Plenty of fun little moments. It is crazy to think how far away I am, but how close everything is in the gospel. I love this. I have been doing good. I have been meaning to get more vitamin C, I will try for some vitamin D too. My body has probably be craving that. It is funny how many people are surprised that I don't come from England or Washington (I don't look too much like an Arizona boy.) But I have been keeping warm. It has been hard to get up in the morning, but i think we will be doing more physical exercise in the morning so I hope to stay warm that way. Should be fun. Thanks for being so great. I hope you have a wonderful week and stay cool. I love you Mom!
Bryant, We have 3 missions in South Africa. The Johannasberg Mission, Cape Town Mission, and Durban Mission. And right now Cape Town is the only one without a temple working in it or planned to be built within it. Hope that helps. I love You Bryant!
Meagan, I hear you are reading a Book. What Book? Sound like a good week. I can't wait to get caught up with the series yet. But until then I am happy you are making the most of your summer with Chick Flicks and Once! Lots going on. Some big things going on out there. Oh you are taking some great pictures with that camera of yours. Keep Well Meagan. I love You!
Heidi, You are making a sock monkey. That is awesome. what are you going to name your sock monkey? It should be a good name okay. Sounds like you are enjoying the summer. Keep up each day. make it the best like Phenias and Ferb. Okay? I love you Heidi. 
Jera. I love you Too!! I hope you are doing well. 
Love you all very much. Keep enjoying the Heat and I will enjoy the cold and we will balance out the weather felt by Penningtons. Love you all!
Love, Elder Pennington

No comments:

Post a Comment