BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, June 8, 2015

June 8th 2015

Hey You Guys,
This was a pretty good week. We did not reach the same amount of lessons as we could have, but as we have kept on working we had several of our investigators at church, which brought so much joy. We had Patricia who we have been teaching for some time now. She is doing great, reading in Mosiah now and has been coming to church pretty consistantly now. But her thing is she does not feel like she wants to jump into making the baptismal conventant without knowing forsure it is something she wants. So we have been taking it nice and slow for her...but she has been progressing well. Also at church we had a couple from DRC. Gaultier and Oddette. They came a little late because they were walking some of the way and could not find the church. So we went searching for them. Eentually we found we were looking in the worng area because we got a call from them and they said they were saw the steeple and were heading toward it. We were worried they were maybe going to a different steeple. But soon we got to our building and found that they we already there waiting for us. They enjoyed the bit of church they were there for. We even had a little tour afterwards of the building. It was very nice. But it made a great end to a another great transfer. 
Now for my transfer news. Nothing is changing for me. I will be with Elder Vanfleet for a third transfer in Goodwood. It will be another great transfer together. There are small changes here and there like the new Assistant (who we are living with). I have a new member of my district (he is from Italy). And Elder Mei will now be in my Zone, but besides that my life is about the same :) 
Dad, Thanks for those very wonderful stories. I am trying day and night to learn as much as I can to become a better dicisple of Christ. These last couple of weeks have been those kind of learn experinces. For example the whole forget yourself and get to work kind of thing. In my  studies I have been trying so hard to think of my investigators and other we are teaching. To keep them in my thoughts. In my prayers. To ponder on how I can help them more. We have struggled for many weeks to get more than one to church. We invite. We follow up on Saturday. Then week after week we would have maybe one. I recognize the whole agency, but we know the boost of faith and testimony that comes as we go to church. So we have continued to work on it. And yesterday it worked. Now we are to learn and more forward. I had heard a quote during my seminary years "Adjust and Battle." That has been what we have been trying to do. Giving our all!
For me service has been a good thing to do. It has been a wonderful way to build trust and friendship. Brother Burger has been a good example of that. We have had a couple of little service projects with him and it has been great to see his spiritual growth. But service is one thing that Missionaries have used as a time filler. In those slow moments during the morning hours when people are not typically home or what. But I have tried to make it more of a building trust and finding tool. It has been very nice. 
The work is going well. we have been building and rebuilding our teaching pool alot lately. Trying to make it strong. And by the hopes of it we are hopeing to have some baptisms this transfer. It will be nice to see some of the fruits of our labors (especially since  this will be a 6 month area for Elder vanfleet and possibly a 6 month for me too). 
I am happy with the growth that has been happening. And am excited to see what else will happen. 
Happy to hear things are going well on your side. I very much enjoyed the stories. Thanks for everything. Love You!!
Mom, Sounds like summer is going well over there. Here we are entering winter time. Getting kind of cold for this Arizona boy :) I got some sweats this morning for about 70 rand. That way I can exercise in the morning with out freezing. We are trying to get running and beginning our day with that. Should be fun. 
Happy to hear of Nathan and Brandons time in the temple. That is such a special place. 
It has been kind of cool being here in Cape Town where some people actually have internet in their homes. There is one member family that has been watching Once upon a Time. There is so much happening to catch up on (later on in my life.) 
Meagan Has for sure been growing up. Too fast. Also Heidi. We had lunch yesterday with a family with a young 11 year old girl. and if Heidi is going to be 11 now now then she is getting too big. It is crazy how time works. 
It has been a pretty good week. Thanks Mom. I love You!!
Bryant, Thanks for the comforting words considering the ipad :) I guess you are right. I am happy not to have to be carrying around on eof those things. Too much. But  I hope you enjoy. Technologically advance missionary. Enjoy your week. Love You Brother!
Meagan, I hope you enjoyed your Bry day. I am happy you didn't crash. That is good. Keep practicing and you will get there. Then you can serve without fear in a driving mission :) Summer is here once again. Enjoy the break. there are not many more until you are done with school. Crazy thought huh? I had that thought not too long ago and look at where I am. South Africa. and I love it. My life here is good. We have been working are and having plenty of funny moments. We meet so many wonderful and interesting people each day. I love this work. 
Love you too Meagan. Keep resting hard!
Heidi, you are learning to ride a bike. Way to go. Have you been swimming too? You can do it! you are the best. Just keep trying. Just keep biking, and just keep swimming. And you are fine. I don't remember Jera and Dad's cousins name either. Enjoy your week. Have fun! I love You. Thanks for the pictures.
Jera. Thank you for the pictures from the girls. They are growing up too fast as well. And they look so happy. Duke is pretty big now. How old is he? Last I remember he was a little guy. Enjoy your trip. Love you Jera!
Well I hope every one has a wonderful week. Thanks for the great emails. Hope all have fun this week. I love you!!!
Love, Elder Pennington

No comments:

Post a Comment