BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, March 30, 2015

March 30, 2015

Hey Everyone.

This week has flown by like nothing else. Office work and then missionary work really makes the days fly by. I can't believe it is almost conference time. My third conference on mission. I am so excited to listen to the wonderful words of President Monson and everyone else. I am almost done reading the last General Conference Ensign. I just read Elder Ballards talk I think, When he talked about putting our faith first thur prayer, scriptures, FHE, and temple attendance. It is a great talk. If only our less actives, investigators, and even some of the members understood how important these things are. The priority that Heavenly Father wants us to make it. Great talk. 
Well I also went to the Milnerton Ward. it is a good ward. Great people. Different from pass one but the church is true! Everywhere! I love this Gospel. 
I have also had a little bit of a fever the last couple of nights. It has been hard to sleep, but I keep being carried beyond my own strength. I feel fine during the day, but then I get all weak and tired and cold when I get home. But I will be fine. 
Life in the office has been good. Dad I forgot that you were in the office as well. Was it as a historian? Or is my memory way off? :) But here we go for your questions...
How many Elders are in the office?
As far as young missionaries we have the Assistants who work in the office whenever they are in Cape Town, Me and My Comp, then the Post Elder (two Elders). But than we have two Senior Couples working in the office as well helping as nurse, with cars, travel, finance, etc.
What are the different titles/tasks of the Elders?
So as AAP we deal with stats, referrals, and other things that President Merrill, Sister Merrill, the assistants, or the Senior Couples have for us to do.  Post Elders deal with the mail. And so on. 
 
How much time do you have to proselytize?
Well we are in the office for only about 2-3 hours when we do go. So for the most part we are able to be in the Area.
Do you go into the office everyday?
Not exactly. We are in the office one Mondays for emails. Tuesdays for Stats, Wednesdays for referrals, Not typically on Thursdays except when we NEED to finish up something, Fridays for District meeting (no office work there), and then we don't come in on the weekend.
 
Do you and your companion accompany the President often?
We see him every now and then. Not nearly as much as the Assistants to the President do. 
 
How many AP's are there? Just two right now. We are just extra assistance. but last transfer there were traveling assistants who went on exchanges with everyone in the mission to help train more, but now there are just 2. 
Is your ward the same ward where the President attends each Sunday? No :( But I think we are in the same stake.
What are your duties?
Stats, making the crest (our newsletter), taking in and handing out referrals, and other random errands. 
Is your P-day the same?
For the most part. Unless something urgent comes up.
 
Are you apart of Zone Conferences or other Conferences? 
Not with training and everything. But Sometimes we do a pizza run for new Elders and stuff. But outside of that I get to just listen. 
 
Is everyday a little different? Not really
 
What skills are you developing?  Office Skills? Teaching Skills?  Or something else.
I am getting a little better at typing but right now I have not gained any great skills yet. No "numchuck skills or computer-hacking skills." But some are bound to come.
 
But yeah that is my office life. What an exciting life right now :) It has been great.
Dad, Sounds like a great work out. I have been sore as well but just because of being sick. But I feel your pain :) Sounds like a great move. Lots learned and experienced. I feel like I have been gone for a while. I don't know anyone now. I am not sure that I even know Brother Tibbetts. But sounds like a strong faithful man. 
So often as I am being introduced to ward members and even current investigators I have been doing so good that people think that I am new new on mission. I have heard the question are you a greeny? so often. But boy has the time flown. I just smile and say "Nope I am just about a year though." I am happy that I still look new and fresh. 
I love you dad and I am always grateful for your support and words of encouragement. Always greatly appreciated. I love you!
Mom, I love the funnies that you and dad send. They always make me smile so big. And wow I am proud of dad. I found it really funny that under the suit there was the shorts, socks, and sandles. But hey I bet it was quite the experience. Would have loved to have been there. 
I am excited for conference. I will have to get some little treats to keep me awake. :) but I should be able to get a copy of conference when the ward gets their copies or I think I might be able to order it. So I will let you know if they will be like Cleary and not even do that. 
Office is not too bad. My area is pretty good as well. Goodwood has such diveristy. people from Zimbabwe, DRC, white people. So many langauges. French, Afrikaans, So much! I will enjoy my time here. Many great people.  I think this will be in my top four areas :) 
I love you Mom and hope you have a good week. 
Bryant, Enjoy Conference! Mission and Conference compliment each other so very well. I have loved studying the words given and then thinking about those I teach. So important are the words of the living Prophet! Love it, Listen to it, enjoy. Love you Bry, Work hard and have Fun!
Meagan, "In a world where you can be anything be yourself." We are so going to have to have a movie marathone when I get back hey. I can't believe how fast time is going. I remember my junior year pretty good. It was fun. Then came Senior and then came mission. You are moving forward. 
Everything is good on my side. My companion is great. we have so much fun fulfilling our responsabilities. We even had a great braai on Saturday with some ward members. have I mentioned a braai before. It is pronounced Bry. And it is kinda like a BBQ. Meat and such. I loved it. Couldn't eat too much because I wasn't feeling too well, but the malva pudding was wonderful. Tasty day! I was also feed in one way or another this last week. Had some cafe rio type food. So much goodness. A pretty good week.
Love you Meagan!
Heidi, I played with legos this week too. We had dinner at a less actives house. In a few of the minutes as we were just waiting for dinner the little 3 year old girl came out with a bucket of legos and we made a train and a flower. it was fun. She reminded me of a little Heidi. Crazy and fun! I am happy you had a good week. have fun with school. Love you!!
Jera, I feel like it might be best with just money on the card. These South African post people and customs and such are not the greatest. But I hope he is enjoyed in the the hands of whoever has him. He was a great camera. Did the job just right. I think that I will miss the wonderful memories I had with him as well as the memories that he had within him. But thank you So much for Lenny. 
I too love the plan of Salvation. It truly puts everything in great perspective. We had a wonderful lesson with some Sisters who really wondered why a merciful and forgiving God would have a hell. For most of their lives they wondered about this hell thing. But as we discussed the plan and especially what happens after this life. What was cool is one of the sisters had come to church and had heard about family history and temple work. So it made even more sense to her and she helped explain and answer her sisters questions.
What a great plan of happiness.
Well that was my week. I love you all so very much! 
Love, Elder Pennington

No comments:

Post a Comment