BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, March 3, 2015

March 3, 2015

Mornings Wonderful Family,

It is really funny. Around here people through multiple mornings or hellos in a single greeting. We might get Mornings Elders rather than Morning Elders. Or Hellos rather than just a hello. it is always nice though when people greet us like that, I can't help but smile. 
Cool little experience that made me grateful for my wonderful family. Last night we were with a member family. Converts of at least a year. And we were talking about scriptures and such. At the end we were asked by the mom to give her and her son a blessing as they are both going through school. Now the father has the Melchizedek Priesthood, but they thought that was something only missionaries can do (most people have that thought). But We said okay and asked the son who he wanted to bless him (we had the Elder's Quorum President with us). And the son chose his dad. Perfect teaching oppotunity. Because the father had not been given the chance before. So we seized the moment and he gave wonderful blessings to his wife and son. But this made me grateful for the man who taught me about how to do such sacred and special things. It has been a blessing to have a wonderful father who has always been able to give a blessing in my times of need. Thanks dad :)
But my week has been simple. Small little moments like that. 

Dad, The pictures that I sent do not have any of them in it. But we will have a wonderful baptism next week for Noskombuso and Makhaziwe so I should get some pictures to you soon. Now now they say here. (Now now means later.) And they are all member referrals. Pretty cool!
Remember Lot's wife comes to mind. I am grateful to have the chance to look forward to freedom. There was a quote, "the road to success has many tempting parking spots." Or something like that. Sometimes we are afraid or think of taking a break or park and stay there for a while rather than keep driving toward our new life, towards freedom. I love our studies. I have been preparing for General Conference by reading last general conference and I read Elder Callisters this morning. Thanks for all that You and Mom have taught me. I am eternally grateful :) 
Thanks for the wonderful update. I hope you enjoy your week. I love all of the funnies. Our investigators, recent converts, and less actives are doing great. We had four of them at church. It is hard for them. Distance and lack of cars. So lately we have been talking about faith. President Zitshu (our branch president) has told us with them members if they exercise their faith by putting aside money to come to church and actually come to church, then if they need food, he will help. But for some reason pride is involved in this and we will see if they are willing to test this with their faith. But just watching this has built my testimony of faith. It is very important. Very key is our faith in Jesus Christ. It is so hard to see what we can't understand, much like the children of Israel. Sometimes we are just blind. I hope next week will be okay, we have stake conference. Should be great!! Love you Dad!!

Mom, I got a couple of wonderful packages this week. They brought such a great big smile on my face. Unfortunately I am to tell you all that President Merrill has put a restriction on packages to Christmas and Birthdays. There are some missionaries that get many and very pricy packages that has been causing troubles in the post, costing the mission. But I am grateful for your thoughts and prayers and for the 3 musketeers. It was great!!
Family history is something very awesome and I don't need too much. Not too much time to work on it. But I do think I remember my account info and I heard that Ancestry is free to members now, so I am excited to be more involved when I get home. 
Sounds like a pretty busy week though. I know how you feel about writing. I feel like moroni sometimes as he was summing up Ether. I worry that I am not the best at telling you all that is going on. But know that I have made a strong effort to record my life, so that I can share it all when I get home. 
Thanks for everything mom. I love you so much. and I had the thought that I will be home by your next birthday. I am so happy. I love my time here. But I have grown to appreciate the things back there with you. So I will work hard now so that when the day comes I will be able to say I gave everything and be happy to come home. Mom I do love you and hope that you will have a great week. 

Meagan, Thanks for the great pictures. You always had a love of photography haven't you? You are doing great. I especially like the shot of I think little kora of shelby riding the chair across the floor. Excellent shot!!  
That is so crazy to think that hayden will be in South Korea. I never would have thought. She will love it. And Addison Wherever she goes will be awesome. And Mason that one will be exciting to find out. Thanks for the updates. My comp and I are doing great. We are going to miss this transfer. Things will change in a couple of weeks. But it has been fun!! Hope you feel better! Love you meagan! 

(and  in a second email)

Do you ever just press the wrong button. Sorry about that. Now I am on to Heidi who gets a email all to her self( with Jera and Bry).

Heidi, I am sorry to hear that you were sick. Hopefully you are feeling better. Congrats on the science fair project. I bet you did great. You are getting so tall. I saw some pictures from Meagan and you are growing so fast. Keep working hard in school and dancing. have fun this week. Love you Lots Heidi!!

Bryant, I am sorry it made to be awkward. But Smart idea. Sometimes it is best just to keep peace. I hope you are doing great. I look at my life and I try to think about what you are doing. I imagine that it is much and the same because we are in the same work. but Then again we are going to have many different experiences. I hope you are having fun in this chapter of life. I love you Bry and hope that you keep strong as well. Firm and true to the faith. :)

Jera, Thanks for the pictures as well. it is great to see what is going on. I hope that all is going well on that side. I love you! and we can do hard things, can't we. Mission has for sure taught me that. Love you!

I Love you all very much and hope that you have a great week. Keep it up!!

Love, Elder Pennington

No comments:

Post a Comment