BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, March 16, 2015

Mar 16, 2015

Hey You Guys,

This has been a good week. Nothing too crazy happened. Our Focus this week was really the Less Actives and Recent Converts. We reached our goals well. It is hard to visit the Less Actives. Too see the understanding in their eyes and seeing that they have come to know of these things and then to see where they are now...failing to act on what they know to be true. They have given up on the simple things, Prayer, Scriptures, Church. It is sad. And now I will be saying good bye to many of them leaving them while they are in this state. I just wish that something that I have been able to done these last several months has clicked in their minds, their faith has grown, and the desire to do something is nourished. But hey, they have their agency. Thats part of the plan. But we keep working. 
As for me though, I will now be going to Cape Town. Mowbrey. I will be considered AAP. Assistants to the Assistants Should bring nice new challenges into my life. My new companion is Elder Vanfleet. I don't know yet where he is from. Either States or South Africa. But I am excited for this brand new adventure. Should be Fun! I will let you know more as I get into my new life in Cape Town. 
But this week has been good. Just tender moments of Good-Bye has been in the air. Always hard. But I will get through it. But Now lets look at your side of things. 
I love the Pictures of everyone chilling in the park. Sounds great. I can't wait to chill in the park. :) 

Dad, Sundays are nice. The hard part around here. When we try to set up appointments with people for Sundays, they are usually "oh, I have Church on Sunday." So they are reserved for our most wonderful progressing investigators. We had a couple of investigators at church. But the best part was Sox. Songezwa is his real name but he is generally known as Sox. He is less active. Elder Mei went to Kwano for Exchanges not too long ago and Sox has a friend in Kwano, so he passed on the name. Sox moved here to Motherwell three years ago (even before Mother was a unit of its own). So he has not been at church for the last three plus years. Scripture wise he left his in Kwano and for reason unknown he is not able to get them again. So handing him a copy of the Book of Mormon, he has been feasting like nothing else. Guided by the Spirit we were able to find him and he is now able to act as a strength to Motherwell Branch (hopefully helping it soon become a ward). 
Much of Church for us was the restoration. Priesthood, Joseph Smith, and the Book of Mormon. Personal President Bensens "Flood the World and our Lives with the Book of Mormon" has been a big focus in my studies and life right now. We will see how much more important it will become in my personal ministry as I head to Mowbrey. I am Excited. Thanks for being such a great Assistant Ward Mission Leader. Sounds like you are doing a great job. I love You Dad!!

Mom, Just to tell you, your packages will not get me in trouble. They are perfect. I love them. The trouble is you have some moms who will send their sons packages every week with crazy stuff like beef jerky. Something that costs a lot when it comes too customs. So your packages are great. I just told you because it is best to be obedient in these situations. Also the cool thing is, I will be working in the office so I will be able to get the package as soon as it comes here to the mission office. Thanks! I do love those wonderful packages. 
Sounds like a great week. I am glad you are enjoying the kids break. I miss those days of break when you don't have to do anything. One day :) But now I am grateful to take each day and give it to the Lord. It makes everyday a little bit more special. 
Easter has snuck up on me again. Time just seems to fly like nothing else. 
I am happy that you were able to get the pictures. It was a very joyous day. Yesterday we had their confirmations and yet another wonderful spirit was their. I love this wonderful work. I love you Mom!!!

Bryant, Right now I will be a district leader. And I too like the Song Glorious. Elder Ramat would play it while I was being trained. A very nice song and I feel it matched the Movie Meet the Mormons very well. Thank you for being a great example for me. I imagine you are doing great as a trainer. How is that going? I love you Brother Elder!

Meagan, Sounds like break is treating you well. And congrats on not buying anything. That is something special. Enjoy this next week for me and read a good book. You can pick one from my book shelf. It has been a long time since I have read a nonchurch book (which is okay, but I am wondering if you could enjoy one for me, that would be nice :) Only if you want too:) Keep enjoying break though. Every moment should be special. Love you Meagan!!

Heidi, You are growing up so fast. I say that so often but it is true. I love seeing the pictures that are sent. I hope you are enjoying your fifth grade year. It was a nice year. I had Mr. Jones. we would play dodge ball and capture the flag. Alot of fun. Other things happened that year, but  I had best not tell you :)
I hope you are also enjoying your week of break. Keep having fun! For me I have been able to share this wonderful gospel with those who don't yet know about these glad tiding of great joy and I find that a lot of fun. I love you soo much Heidi!!!

Jera, Thanks for the pictures. I love them. It is so great to see my wonderful family. Thank you! I hope you have a great week! Love you Too!

Love you All so very much. Hope your week is simply spectacular!!
Love, Elder Pennington the Elder

No comments:

Post a Comment