BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, March 23, 2015

March 23, 2015

Hey You Guys, 

So this has been quick the week. The Office life is a crazy one. Full of late night pick ups for President Merrill, dealing with Referrals, to learning a new area and so forth. But I am very grateful for the chance to be here near President. It will be a great time. But unfortunately I also had some hardships. I have been kind of sad the last couple of days. This last week my camera (affectionately named Lenny for being so special) was stolen or lost or something. Bottom line is I no longer have my camera. I had it early Wednesday Morning. Took some goodbye pictures. From then until the time that I went to check in my bags for the flight from PE to Cape Town, Lenny had disappeared. :(  But Because of lack of time or something I thoroughly looked through the car and a little bit in the airport with no luck. Lenny is gone most likely for ever. But I will get through it somehow. Only Memories is the hard part. But when I can to Goodwood, one of the other missionaries had left a camera. Not as good as Lenny, battery operated and no SD card, but it might be better than nothing. What do you all think? Mission really has taught me to roll with it. :) 
Besides that I am doing great. We had Stake Conference here in the Cape, so I have not yet met everyone in my new ward yet, but we are getting there. I have also enjoyed my time thus far with Elder Vanfleet. He is a great missionary and it should be great serving with him. He is from Utah and is just great. 
Today for P-day we took a hike. And then My comp wanted to play some Basketball, so we are late today, but for the most part I will probably be emailing in the morning. But it might not be as consistent as in the past. So be patient with me :) But know that I do love you and love writing you and so I will email whenever I get the chance. Love You All!

Dad, This has been a great week. It provides such a different teaching environment. i have a middle-class area. As opposed to the townships I have had in the past. I have people from the DRC and so they speak french. Fun. There is such a diverse people here in Goodwood. Also I have a lot more office responsibilities. But I am very grateful to be here with President Merrill, he is a great man. 
Thank you for your studies and application thereof. We have been having some street lessons. Find where you teach and teach where you find kind of thing. It has really been a growing experience. It has been stretching me and my faith. But it works :) and thanks for your testimony of that as well. 
My Studies have been General Conference lately with some book of Mormon stuff. There is such great power in the word. The Words of Christ will tell you all things that ye should do. But something that I found very interesting was the conference on Sunday was on Councils. And president Merrill spoke in it (he seems to speak in all of the conferences around here). But it was great!! I loved it!! I hope it gets everyone excited for working with the missionaries. 
I love you Dad!!

Mom, this has been a good week. All but the camera. i am just a little heartbroken, I have loved that camera, but these things happen. So that means that there will not be as many pictures in the next little bit. I now wish I was a little better at sending them home. But hey we live and learn. A wonderful gospel of learning. I do love this gospel as well. I am grateful to be here to share it with this side of the world. 
I hope you enjoy your movie. So much has come out, but that is okay. I might have to catch up one day. I also imagine I would not like the cinderella movie either. But enjoy it. 
Keep working hard on that temple work. i hope you save some for me when I get back so that we can have a family temple day :) And keep working hard with the home gym. I have to do better with my exercise in the mornings, but I think I might do better this transfer. 
headaches have been good. I have been trying to drink more and have not yet had a crazy one yet. But best prepare :) I love you Mom!

Bryant, Luckily you will not be the only companion your New Missionary will have, but you will have a great influence of what kind of missionary he is and ultimately what kind of person he is in the long run, but no pressure. I know Bryant that you will be a great transfer. If you were in my mission you would have probably trained about three Elders up until the time that you match my time out. You are that great. I can't wait to tell you of my time either. One Day! I love you Bryant and I love the fact that we are both furthering this great work! Love You Brother!!

Meagan, "be the change you wish to see in the world" Ghandi. I love you and Courtney's idea. You will do great. Pick people up share motivational words and it might even be a place to testify of the truths you know to be true. I love You Meagan and I am very proud of you. Love you Sister!

Heidi, You are growing up. Enjoy it. You are changing into a wonderful young woman. Before you know it everything will change. But know that along with that forever constant truth is that Heavenly Father's love is constant! Enjoy every moment there. I love you heidi! Keep it up and enjoy your movie! Love you Bud!

Jera, I love Elder Holland's Talk. It is pretty cool. It was really cool when Noskombuso (our motherwell recent convert) read and loved it as an investigator. it was nice. But great talk. And it looks like a great week for you. I hope you enjoy every minute of it. Way to go on the promotion. 
Thanks also for the pictures and for looking after my wonderful sisters. Keep a close eye on Meagan as she is approaching the 27th of April. Love you Jera!

Well I love you all very much. I am sorry if my emails will be a bit different now, but it will only be for a little bit. Love you! have a great week!!

Love, Elder Pennington

No comments:

Post a Comment