BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, April 27, 2015

April 27, 2015

Hey You Guys,
This has been a pretty good week. We have been building up for transfers. My transfer news... Everything is staying the same. I will be with Elder Vanfleet again in the office. In fact the my office district is staying the same and a majority of my zone. Not much change in my world right now. But the work is good. Slowly improving. Our area is great. Wonderful members. Great leaders. A pretty good ward. 
We have also had some pretty good lessons. Another great talk with Brother Burger. He is going through some hard times. He is preparing to keep moving on. He came to church again. This time he even brought his son from Joburg. It still hurts him to come, but it is slowly getting easier to deal with the pain. He is doing so well. Loves coming. It makes me so happy to see him. There is great joy when you see the people you teach act and grow in their faith. but then comes those moments when they don't come to church or read. Brother Burger was the among the few people we taught last week that had come to church. No investigators. We did have some recent converts, but It just hurts a little to see those you have been working with not progress but acting to grow their faith. But that has been mission thus far. We keep working and are to never get discouraged by these things.
But not too bad of a week. 
Dad, Thanks for the story. Brother Garrett did well. I know that as we do listen to those prompting, He will lead. I think so much of Nephi. Commanded to get the plates, goes into Jerusalem after a couple of failed attempts. 1 Nephi 4:6. Lead by the spirit not knowing beforehand what was going to happen. He went and did. Action. 
The work is going well. We had several good lessons. One in particular we were teaching two men from Democratic Republic of the Congo. They speak french and not very good english, so we had to keep things pretty simple. What we did in talking about the Book of Mormon, we read it just as outlined in the Donaldson papers. Got to verse 12 when Lehi reads the book and feels the spirit. One brother asked "What can I do to feel of the spirit all the time?" We talked a little about reading, praying, and coming to church. But than talked about the need for baptism and invited them to be baptized. They did not understand the question. So we brought out a Picture of Christ being Baptized by John and asked a little bit slower. They were able to understand. The other then asked what he could do to overcome the bad things he is doing and to do good. We were than able to testify of the atonement. It was a simple lesson because of the language, but it turned out very well. The Spirit does lead. 
I am listening to the Prophets. I love the quote. They do speak the words of Christ. 
Thanks for everything dad! Love You!!
Mom, Wow Mothers day is right around the corner. I do not yet know what will be able to happen. I am pretty sure I can find some way to Skype. We will figure it out this week. Times, that is a tough one. We will probably have to do it after Church for me and before Church for you. Just like last year. Would that still work. What time is church for you? I have my skype info. I hope that that will work out. I can't believe it is that time already. Time does fly. I am almost down to one more call home. Craziness. 
Mom, Life is good hear. It is nice to be close to President. It was Sister Merrill's birthday on Saturday, So we made them a cake and took it to them. Fun little things like that we can't do in the Eastern Cape. Nice being close. For me, i think i will be here for a while. I would not mind 6 months here. But we will see what the Lord has in store. I can't believe how fast time is flying. So much change and stuff. Just yesterday I was Home teaching Sorens family and now he is dancing with my younger sister. Crazy! :) No problem with the camera. No pressure. Thank you for helping me out. 
Mom, i love you and hope that you have a very wonderful week. Love YOU!
Bryant, District Leader eh? You will do great. Love the members of your district. Get to know them. Don't have boring district meeting like me :) Have fun with it. You will do great. I know you will do great. You are a good leader. Remember where your Loyalty is. The Lord, Your Mission President, Your District. As you seek guidance you can help your District become better. Page 55-66 of the white handbook, really do help us understand what we need to do and how we can be the best that we can be. I love you Bryant, and know that you will do great. The Lord may not call the qualified but He does qualify those He calls. I love you Bry!
Meagan, Happy Birthday. You are 14 now right? I can't believe how much you have grown. You are so big now. I hope you have many good dates and that each of them come and talk to dad before you even go with them :) You will have alot of fun. dating is fun. Funny enough, The Halversons on my side of the world took a picture with me and were going to send it to your side. So you might see that soon. You are quite a busy one aren't you. Feeding the starving Children and dancing. I know you are doing a great work. My week was pretty simple. Just trying to invite people to come to Christ and all. It is amazing the faith that so many people have around here. The African people as a whole often just take out message as something they already know. They do not seem taken back that we are the only true and living church with the Priesthood and everything. So they keep listening, but then they just keep going to their old church. But we do our best to invite them and invite the spirit so that he can testify of truth to their hearts. 
I hope you have a great week. And a very happy Birthday!! Love you Meagan!
Heidi, Don't you worry about those times you forget. I love your emails, but I know that you are busy sometimes and that we all just forget at times. I am happy you had a good week. Did you enjoy your poem. What was it about? Heidi, dad sent a picture of you, you are growing up so fast. I see the 10-11 years around me and can just see a grown-up Heidi. That is so crazy. I hope you have a good week. Enjoy life! Love you alot Heidi!!
Jera, That is cool. A triathlon in Mexico. I can imagine that it was hard being sick, but I also know that it must have felt good finish that thing that you have been working so hard to do. The feeling of accomplishment. Cool. My breakthrough this week... My unique position as a missionary, priesthood holder, and a member of the church. I was pondering Elder Holland's talk in this last General Conference. Where Justice, Love, and Mercy Meet. The brotherly arms. As a representative of Jesus Christ, as His servant, I have a responsibility of being those arms at times. To listen to the spirit and respond to those in need. I have the privilege of lifting others when they are down. We can all be those arms as we go and do. Now to use my hands in such a matter and be those arms. Pretty cool. Love you Jera!!    
Well Everyone. That is it for now. I hope you all have a great week. I can't wait for Mother's day. Another Birthday shout out for Meagan. the big 16! What a great time to be alive! Love you all very much!!
Love, Elder Pennington

No comments:

Post a Comment