BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Saturday, May 16, 2015

May 4th 2015

Hey You Guys!!
This has been a pretty good week. Did some good work. We got some pizza for the new Elders. We had some good bold lessons. Met with Brother Burger. He has not been getting as emotional during our lessons, but has been sharing some great memories. He is a great guy. Preparing to sell his home. So we are going to go over this week to help with the Garage. He doesn't know what he is going to do with all of the camping gear. If only you all didn't live too far :) But he has come consistantly the last three weeks. Loves church. Another less active that we have been working with is Ching. He is doing great as well. Baptized young with family. But never really got a testimony of his own. He just wondered away. But he has had somethings happen in his life that brought questions. Now it takes him a while to believe anything, and was worried about his testimony of the gospel. But he has begun praying and reading the Book of Mormon. He feelings his testimony growing. Watched the Jospeh Smith Movie with him, he loved it. Now the only problem with church is his work. Doesn't work a super lot on Sundays but it does keep him from church two out of the four sundays. But he does go when he can! It has been cool. The only weird part is his family that he is living with had been members but are now Muslium. But they love when we come and meet with him. So yeah... it has been a pretty good week. 
Dad, I love that story too. It has been fun introducing the Book of Mormon to people. I have grown in my love for that Book. The sooner we can get it to people the better. 
I can believe we got some more missionaries coming out here now now. Canada. that is pretty crazy. He will love it. And Nathans will be a good one too. 
I can't wait to talk to you all either. I am pretty sure we will be able to find a way to skype. Probably with the Senior Couples. We will be looking for some way. Since I do come to the office, if anything changes i will send an emergency email. But The plan right now is probably for me about 4 which would make it about 7am for you guys. is that okay? I hope so. Again I will let you know if anything might pervent that. We will do this. Hopefully it will be on Mothers day :) But I got all my skype info and am ready to see you all.
I love that talk too. It has brought a different vibe to the mission here. We have been doing things a little more simple and it has been moving things forward a little more. It has been kinda fun to work with it. Thanks for that great story. Love you Dad! 
Mom, I am super excited to see you on mothers day. I can't wait, I don't think the week can go fast enough. Again. Everything will work out. Sorry for not being able to be exact with anything. But this has snuck up on me again. I even circled it on my calendar and I still found it on the doorstep. Time just goes too fast. I can't wait for Sunday!
That is so true. We don't like to look stupid. Crazy human nature. Dig deep and find what we really believe, who we really are. In teaching Ching, it has been cool to see that change happening. He knew all of this stuff, but know he is coming to Know for himself. Same with Brother Burger. he had lived with his wife knowing that families can be together forever, but now he is put to the test. Does he believe that? and is he willing to show his faith? But both are doing well. 
But then there is another example. Brother Germann, an investigator of ours. His young son passed away this last monday. We meet them on Saturday. Taught Germann and reminded him of the plan of salvation. About the Atonement and everything to help him grow in hope. But then Germann wife, dona. Was in the other room watching tv. Specifically TB Joshua, one of those prophet guys. She was watching him do "miracles" and stuff. I imagine it hurt her to see others get "healed" while she is without her son. But she wanted that easy way. One of those God will save everyone. Where as with Germann we were teaching how he can feel that peace and hope through Christ. Especially as we seek his hand through prayer and the like. Also as we go to enter into His House. But we are here to learn and grow. And I am here as a missionary to help people find that source of eternal Hope and Joy and Peace!
Thanks for putting in some money. I will probably get a nice simple camera. Thanks for everything. 
Brandon didn't see Elder Cathemer did he? He lives close to florence.
And I hope that everything will go well with Porter. 
I love you Mom and am happy to see you soon.
Bry, Love you too! I should get that letter off soon. Love you Elder!
Meagan, Again Happy 16th. Another year older and wiser too. Just do your best at tryouts. Dance like no one is watching. You will do fine. it has not been too bad of a week for me and sounds like you had a pretty good one yourself. I remember my 16th birthday. I think. I don't know. but I still can't believe hope grown up you are. Can't wait to see you Sunday either. Love you Sister!
Heidi, the civil war was a very interesting time. I love learning about Abraham Lincoln. he was a pretty good man. 
Water days are a blast. I bet you got pretty wet. That must be fun. We are getting ready for a wet winter here. I hear that we get lots of rain in Cape Town. Enjoy your week. Can't wait to see you.
Love You Bud!
Jera, Thanks for the pics and the funny story. I love and hate my brows :) A bitter/sweet relationship. But hey I am a Pennington :) Love you Jera, Hope you have a great week too!
Love you all a lot! can't wait to see you. About 7 Am Sunday Morning!
Love Elder Pennington

No comments:

Post a Comment