BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, May 19, 2015

May 18th 2015

Hey you guys!
This has been quite a week. it has gone from teaching institue on tuesday to some pastor guys trying to force the trinity on us. To some wonderful lessons with some wonderful investigators. It was a good week over all. Hard to follow a great skype call, but we gave our all :) Nothing too big and crazy though. 
Dad, I love that story of Lisa, The scriptures do relate to our day. I love taking the Donaldson method about reading the Book of Mormon, starting from the begin. In just 12 verses we can really show people how the book will relate to them. The story of a family. A man prayer to know and prays for those he cares for. He is given a book (much like we give our investigators a book) and feels the spirit. So simple and yet profound. Our Heavenly Father is testing us and yet he has made it an open book test. I just got done reading The Continuous Atonement by Brad Wilcox, it came from president Merrill's Library. It is a wonderful book. He took the "His grace is sufficient" talk and turned it into a book. I loved it. I have been able to learn so much about the Atonement on mission. To watch those investigators that we have come to love so much make choices that bring them closer to Christ and to our Father. It brings that joy. I imagine Christ feels even greater joy as we make those choices to repent and keep covenants. Even when we slip and get back up again. He is there for us. He loves us so much and wants to help us back Home. I do love this gospel. 
That must be a nice time with Emma. Hope you all had fun! And Meagan will do very well in the run. Those are some catchy slogans. 
We came accross some new people. The way we find them is in street contacting and tracting. Which does not bring much but it does bring some. Member referrals are so nice, but for one our area does not have a super lot of members. We  have 6 elders in the ward, our area is the furthest away. But we do ask from those members and they either say that the don't have any friends or they give a referral that would go to another set of missionaries, But now we are going to make a strong effort to Flood the world and our lives with the Book of Mormon. Actually now that I think of it we have been using the Book of Mormon alot in Finding. It has been fun!
I love you dad! Have a wonderful week.
Mom, It was a good week. Nathan will love Joburg if he ends up getting to go there. Very small environment. But he will enjoy where ever he goes. And there are some Weddings going on. Time is going to fast. That is pretty crazy. 
It was great to see and talk to you. I love those moments. I love seeing how you are doing and hearing what was going on. Fun times. I hope you continue to be doing well. i love you Mom!
Bryant! It was great to see you as well. Keep working hard and keep up on the journal. I can't wait to share stories! Love you Brother!
Meagan, you will make a great Class Secretary, great slogans. One step at a time. I bet you enjoyed having emma over. I bet she is a hoot :) 
My week was fun. Pizza on tuesday. Benefit of AAP. Pizza and I don't have to go into a missionary meeting. :) But slow week. We had to do a lot of finding and stuff. not too much luck. But we did find a couple of good potentials. We will see how it goes. Love you Meagan!
Heidi, Rose are red and Violets are Blue, 
Heidi is my sister and Meagan too. 
Mission is fun becuase families are special. 
Special and eternal and forever and ever. 
I hope you like this little poem of mine.
It would probably get a 12 out of 9. :)
Love you heidi, I am happy you had a great week. Keep working hard and enjoying each day. I keep meeting 11-12 year olds and I can hardly believe that my little bud is all grown up like them. :) Love you Sister!
Jera, I hope you had a great week. I sent along some pictures. I will try and get some good ones outside of the car, but I am just being careful right now. Love you Jera :)
Sorry for not much. Hope all is well on your side of the world. My side keeps on spinning. Working hard and enjoying the journey. It has been a precious gift for me. Live each day like it is the last. I don't have too many. Two years is not enough, but I will make the most! love You all very much!!
Love, Elder Pennington the Elder
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment