BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, April 13, 2015

April 13, 2015


 
Hey You Guys,
This has been a pretty nice week. Quick quick! It is week 5 already. Hard to believe that I got into cape town about 4 weeks ago. Doesn't feel like that. Cape Town still fills new and big. :) but all is going well. We had a great fast and testimony meeting yesterday. Would have been great for investigators. But sadly no one came. :( I think they were scared of the foggy weather. It has been kind of cold lately. Here in Cape Town we don't have snow, but it is a rainy and foggy type of winter. Should be interesting. We shall see how it goes. 
The work is going great. Had some great lesson. I am not there yet but we are working on our boldness. 
We had Zone training and interviews. Very nice to talk with President Merrill. In the past those days we would see him, I would always try to linger as long as possible to say good-bye. But Now that he is a stone throw and a skip away, I get to see him even more. It is kind of really nice to be close by. Nevertheless the interviews are still a wonderful time of learning and growth. I was told by my Zone Leader that President had told him that out of the whole mission I was the most sound with doctrine. When Elder Prisbey told me that I recognized the bar I now have to reach. Yay, high expectations :) Funny. I don't know if you remember my setting apart, there was Bold as a Lion (still coming) but there was also a special relationship with my mission president. And I feel that more than President Wood and even Botswana's President Wilson, I feel it was talking about President Merrill. A great man. We all feel that just as now when President Merrill is a mission president, his mission president, Elder Ballard is a General Authority. It will probably be the same if any of us SACTM missionaries were to become a mission president, we would share stories about Elder Merrill... :) 
But yeah that has been my week :) Lots of great appointments and finding oppotunities. Got to Love it :)
Dad, I am sad about Grandma, but also strengthened by the Plan of Salvation and the Atonement. Through Christ all that had been wrong can be made right. When death came into the World He conquered Death. He does live and now we can live again. But on our side there is plenty of memories and some sadness. But I too am happy that Grandma and Grandpa are together learning more about this wonderful Gospel. What Joy fills my heart for them and with gratitude for this wonder plan of happiness. 
I am happy to hear that Brandon is back and doing good. I had forgotten that he went to Chile. That is cool. Funny how things keep moving. Crazy time does too. We have Easton (who is probably back huh), Logan, and a couple of friends at school who left the year before me. They will all becoming back soon. Crazy thought. 
I love that story of Peter. It is better to look Up! The story that I have been thinking about it John 21. That moment with Christ changed Peter. He became fearless and bold. Loving to all. He became even more. A great change. I love that story and want to do a great study of it. Some day. but for now it has been the Donaldson papers. they have been great tools and a great time of instruction and learning. 
Thanks for everything dad. I talked to Bishop Parson yesterday at our lunch appointment. A very good man. I asked if there was anything we do. Nothing yet... but that relationship is being built. We just talked a little but it was nice. Thanks for your example and counsel. Love you very much! Happy Birthday!!!!!!!!!
Mom, Thank you for being such a great mom. I am happy the emails are good :) first cameras. I did look and I got some prices even with some names so that you all could do some research and advise me what is best. But then I lost my planner. My missionary-life support is gone. I have a good idea where it is so I will find it soon. But as far as prices go. The range of some good camera would be between R900 and R1300. I think that would also cover a new SD card and all. So that would be great. They wouldn't be the same as Lenny, but I think they will be pretty good. (No names yet, it would probably be a naming of Bryant moment...I will see him and know his name :) but thank you!
My area is great. We have some good investigators, but we are still trying to make them pretty solid. We are going to keep finding some new ones though. Fun! But we have a man named Lufefe. He is pretty good. When ever he gets some money he will search Lds.org and mormon.org. He is homeless, but there is a great change in him. Pretty golden. We just have to help him build a habit of getting to church (which he probably walks to, despite the difference). Then we have Patricia and Juliet. They are great. Ask some pretty good questions, but are slowly coming along. 
There are so many people here. French from the DRC, Xhosa, White Africaaners, English, Zimbabweans, so Diverse. We even have a Sister from Utah in our ward. She had married a South African and now lives here. Such great people. I love it!
I am doing better. Never fun to be sick, but we got through it. So all is back to the same.
The office is nice. Had a pizza run this week. We were kicked out of our apartment for a couple of nights because the APs had to have a couple of surprise guests. We just do what we are told. But it has been good. 
Thanks for everything mom. I love you so much!
Bryant, Don't worry too much, I have only just finished the letter, so I will wait for your transfer news. If you spend more that 4 transfers in your first area than you have dad and I beat. But you probably will move. How does that feel? You are a good missionary. I will go where He wants me to go, Huh? I love you Bry, just Keep Swimming!
Meagan, It has been a great week. Mormon Prom with Easton Webb. I still can't believe that you all are grown up and 16. How does it feel to be so close to such a date? I will approve Easton though. He was very creative with the asking. I hope you have fun and I can't wait to talk about it. 
AZ Merit, Shame! I am sorry you have to do that. but I know that you will do well. have fun! I am happy you are doing well. Love you Meagan!
Heidi, I am happy your week was good. Sorry about your friend stuck in the swing. Thats not fun. but hope She got unstuck :) Good luck with your AZ Merit. You will do well. You are a smart little one. I do love you Bud. Hope you have a wonderful week. Keep working hard and having fun at school. Read any good books??? Love you Buddy!
Jera, thanks for the Wonderful Pictures. So much fun. As far as I go, I just love to hear what is going on at home. The fun times and funny moments. Life updates. I love the story about Kora and Shelby's little lady bug talk. I did not know that they could nod their heads, every time I would talk to them I got only an approval of silence. Love it! Those two are growing up. Duke is getting big. He was a little guys when I was home. Now he has chocolate messes all over his face :) Love it! 
Thanks for the news updates. I get some funny ones from what is called the Daily Sun. They post up headlines on the street lights. There are some funny ones like "Church Elders Beat Me" it wasn't us. Cheesy little paper. 
Thanks so much. Love you Jera! Hope you have a great week as well. 
I love you all. Have a safe Trip to Oregon. Enjoy the escape from the heat. Make this week something else. Love you Much
Love, Elder Pennington the Elder 

No comments:

Post a Comment