BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, February 2, 2015

Feb. 2nd 2015

Hey You Guys!!

So my life has been good. My stress levels are leveling out. Things have been going good on this side of the world. We have been walking with people to church. But Yesterday when it rained they all wimped out. :( We had a few say they were going to take a bus, but no. they didn't come. But we had one who flat out told us that he was not going to come because of the rain, but upon reading our reply "but we were going to walk with you" he just showed up on his own. Rain... the test of ones commitment. It is hard to think that we have some fair-weather members. I wonder what kind of member I would be if I were put in that situation. I hope that I would be one to walk rain or shine. No matter the distance. 
But besides that my week has been pretty simple. Not too much out of the ordinary. 

Dad,  Thanks for the funny. IT is great to here the work moving forward on that side. We are looking always for some father-led families. Motherwell is very close to being a ward, and a couple of strong little families that can build the branch and that can grow in the gospel. This is our daily goal. But our efforts are constantly trying to juggle around appointments. There are days when there are so many people that can only see us at that time and then you have days that are just about empty. So it is really interesting how everything works out. It really hasn't boon too bad of a week. working hard. 
I found this Mission Prep student book for a university class. it have been taking a look at it and it is pretty cool all of the talks that have been given over time about missionary work. I am grateful to be involved in this great work. Thanks for your great example. Love you Dad!

Mom, Looking back this week hasn't been anything too special. I have been doing a lot of thinking though. I thought about the plan of salvation in terms of missionary work. Where did we come from? Our life before mission. What kind of person was I kind of thing. And then Why are we here? What caused us to come here on mission? The drive to do so. And then Where will we go after? What kind of Return missionary would I be. Husband, father, son, student, employee. Just a thought that I have been having. I will look though and see. 
Another thing that did happen. My companion Elder Mei had a birthday. Being his first birthday on mission I tried to make it special, but limited resources and all. But that was fun. The Lundbergs made a coconut cake. MMMMMmmm! It was a good week. Again nothing too out of the ordinary, but it was fun. Thanks Mom for you wonderful email though. Love you Alot!

Meagan, I can't wait for a road trip either. I can't wait to show everyone my south africa way of Driving :) But I am happy that you are doing good. I really can't believe how far you are with school and all. 5 page paper. Wow! that is craziness. Is there anyone that you think I should reach out to. You have my permission to tell anyone you think needs a hi, hi for me :) It is hard to think about everyone back home. Some days I miss everyone. Most days I just miss you all. For the most part though it keeps me driving forward. I am grateful for all of your emails. I really can't believe that graduation is just around the corner for you. Time does go swift. Make the most of every moment. Love you Megs!

Heidi, Love you and miss you too. That is a lot of hugs and kisses. I valentines day really coming up soon. All I know is Mom is going to have a Birthday soon. Right around the corner. And it is groundhog day. Judging off of the weather here, I feel that winter is going to continue for the next couple of weeks. Am I correct Heidi? Do you even know about groundhog day??? I love you Heidi! I hope you have a great week. 

Everything is good on this side. I am still in Motherwell for the next six weeks. Which will also give me a chance to have stake conference here in PE. Which means that i can say some final good-byes to some people in cleary. Funny how some things work out. My time is short. A year is not much time. So I must make the most of every single day. Carpe Diem!!!

Love you All Lots! Love Elder Pennington  

No comments:

Post a Comment