BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, February 9, 2015

Feb 9th 2015

Hey You Guys!!

This has been a good week. Not one of Motherwell's finest but it was good. I have seen and felt of my Father's love. Yesterday I had a terrible headache. I was out of it. Mid day. It started from walking in the heat with some Investigators. I had not properly hydrated myself. So after church it caught up to me. Our appointments started dropping and my ability to focus also. My head just hurt. We had lunch planned at the house of the 2nd counselor in the branch Presidency. So I was driving to go and pick up the other Elders and I was going to let out everything in my little tummy. The headache was that bad (prior to that I was trying to get a little bit of rest so that I would be able to participate in the appointment that would take place later that night. So I was driving and had to pull off to the side, I jumped out and puked. Nothing much just the water that I had been drinking to try and catch up on hydration. I felt a little better. But my head still hurt. So we had the other Elders walk to our position and I rested. A man that had been walking and had noticed me puking went and got some more water from a near by house. Help number two (coming after my wonderful companion who sat by and helped me). Then After feeling strong enough to go to the lunch appointment I got there safely and I had to just sit down. they gave me some water and I tried to eat some food, but couldn't do it. I had puked again over there (Mom and dad, I have gotten better at finding a good place to do it :) Sister Pakade had been a nurse and had some things to help my stomach calm down and gave me some tablets that help take away the pain. I even was able to take a fifteen minute nap right there on the couch. I felt bad for not being able to complete my responsibilities, but I was touched by the surrounding love that I had felt. People who were willing to help me. It was very nice of everyone. Eventually we had a good lesson with Mama Joy and all felt good when I fell asleep at night. But this whole water thing is killing me, but has also opened my eyes a little more to the kindness around me.
The week wasn't too bad, but this next week is looking like a great week! I will have some fun!

Dad, I love that thought. Purpose. Personal Ministry. We read the talk this last week from General Conference. The thought, Why am I here? Mission is nice and structured. It will feel different going home. To keep purpose in life. But one thing that I read from my blessing is how my life's mission is going to take some great study on my part. So I can start that study now...easy. The study of the scriptures has been wonderful thus far. I do love those inspired words of comfort and counsel. 
We watched a mormon message this last week with a Less Active. She had them on her laptop. She wanted us to watch "A book of Mormon story" About a man in England and his testimony of the Book of Mormon. My thought during the message was if we could watch the message called "Origins" which goes through Joseph Smith's testimony but from a different view. Powerful combination. How we can all grow in our testimonies and how we need to keep the fire growing. With that there were several moments of the spirit. We had some great lessons and you could feel the spirit there. Some responded nicely. But some kind of just shrugged it off. Then you wonder what else you could have done. But we move forward. 
I love You Dad!

Mom, It was a good week. Nothing too exciting to share. Being a District leader has been a very interesting calling for me. For sure one of growth. I do have a great district. They are some great Elders. Being a trainer though is a great honor that I love even more. Elder Mei is the best. He has been a great companion. Always there for me, to help me out. I am honored to train him and hope that I am doing okay. There is that whole agency and learning thing that we experience everyday on mission. Both in our lives and in the lives our investigators. What a wonderful gospel it is. Tidings of great joy!
Skydiving, I am very surprised that Brandon and his dad when. Not as surprised that Brother Goodman did. But I imagine that it was fun. And Havasupi would be fun. Fun times! 
Mom that package finally came. I got conference and my calender. I am very grateful. Super excited to do some awesome studies of it. Thanks for everything! I love you very much!

Meagan, Sounds like you are growing up. Missing two questions is not bad. I wish you luck. I am happy you feel comfortable driving. I am also happy that you will never have to deal with this crazy motherwell driving. (it is not that bad, but at the same time, it is a lot more crazy then that at home) I know that you will do great on Wednesday. A new hair style. Nice. I will talk about the hair around here some other day. But I bet you are just as pretty as ever. You better stay away from those boys until April. Which know that you are lucky Bry and I are not there, we were going to fallow you and your date around :) JK but that would have been a great idea if we were not far away form home. Enjoy each and everyday. 
Meagan we have many young recent converts. They kind of remind me of you. All are preparing for missions of their own. I know that even if you don't serve a full time mission, you will be a pretty powerful member missionary. Just keep smiling! :) I love you Meagan. 

Heidi, Aren't you done with school yet? :) JK. But That sounds great. What book did you get and what is it about. I hope you enjoy it. Books are something special. I am doing great. Heidi, How tall are you now? 6 foot 4? I bet you are pretty tall. Growing up too fast. Keep up the good growth. I love you Heidi!!

Well everyone this is my life right now. Eat Preach Plan Sleep Repeat. But I love it!! Every now and then if we are lucky we get a little South African Load Shedding. Blackout! but That doesn't cause too much damage. Thanks for your emails. I love you all very much!!

Love, Elder Pennington the Elder

1 comment: