BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Conference

Hey Mom and Dad,
Conference was wonderful!!! It was really cool to have the chance to listen to the words of the Prophets. To sit at their feet and feast on the words of Christ. Mom, Elder Hollands talk was great. A great way to start conference. I prepare everyday for the strength to defend what I believe in. Growing up there has never been such a threat. Mission might bring some. I strive everyday to act like the Saviour. To carry my cross. I love Elder Andersens Talk as well. To be strong against the whirlwinds. And Elder Bednars. Wonderful, the need for Burdens. I thought about our covenants. I can't wait to finish conference next week. I have found every session one of power. 
 
The FHE's are great. They give a chance to meet with members (and to eat :) The Canti family (the C is a click) Most of those kids aren't even members but they come anyways. I am happy to plant those seeds. That is why I love giving fist bumps as often as I can to the kids I see. They are so much fun. 
 
The school is going great. They had break, so we took the chance to visit some of them individually. Found a couple of potentials. One of them we walked to conference with. The walk of a life time. It felt good. And I can see how the Gospel of Christ can change lives. We met with one lady this last week for the first time. Taught the first two principles of the Restoration (ask Bry about what those are). Then when we went back for our next appointment she had a cake and some Coke (not bad but not something I want to drink often). She said that her life is changing and she knows that we have been a part of that change. Moments like this make me grateful for this call.
 
I love you very much mom. I can't wait till I came back and go through the temple with you either. I look forward to that day. Dad, thank you. I too loved conference and look forward to further studies. it was wonderful. Priesthood was powerful!! 
 
That is so cool about the garden. the fruits of your labors. They do have gardens here. It is great to see the work that they put into them. The area we are in are mostly government built houses for the less fortunate. So to see that they work hard to support themselves is great.
 
You asked about games, they are so creative with their equipment. I see kids playing soccer in the street everyday. They have stones as goals and a ball created out of layers of bread bags. They are smart. And as far as games that I don't know of, the girls down here play netball. I have no idea what it is.
 
This next week Transfers come up. I don't know what will happen, but we are about certain that we will have new companions. I might stay in my area for about 4.5 months, but no one really stays in Queenstown much longer. I just have to wait and see. Soon Pres. Wood will go home and a new Mission president will come. So things will probably change. Nevertheless I have been learning the area. sure and steady. We have received a new map. So that will be a great tool. I have been to most every area, but there are still some to explore. I do feel more confident about my knowledge of the area. So I will be fine if Elder Ramat moves out and someone new comes in. 
 
Dad I have been reflecting on my many blessings lately. They are great. Yesterday I started a gratitude journal. My "Happiness is..." journal. there are so many reasons to be happy. I hope I will be able to always live after the manner of happiness. Thank you dad for your words of comfort and support. I gain strength and joy after every email.
 
I hope you all have a wonderful week. 
It truly was a great fantastic week.
Love, Elder Pennington

No comments:

Post a Comment