BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, March 31, 2014

Just keep Swimming

Hey Mom and Dad,
 
Starting with dad. Thanks for finding out about Elder Buehner. Sounds like a pretty great Elder. So he has a Namibia visa? I heard that they bearley have missionaries there. Hopefully one day.
I miss doing moves as well. That is the wonderful thing about the gospel. It is Simply wonderful. When people are not willing to follow the path that has been set. It makes me sad. There is so much potential for them but they are not willing to take the steps of faith. Whether current beliefs, family, or habits, it just makes me sad.
 
I love all of the tender mercies that remind me of you guys. Heavenly Father truly does love us and is willing to comfort us when we need it most. 
Fathers and sons sounds like it was such a blast. Fathers are one thing that we need in this area. Fathers lead families. When I teach lesson one, How the gospel blesses families, I know that they will be blessed as they live the gospel. The next generation will be a strong one. I am so very grateful for you, my loving father. I have thought about you alot this week.  I am grateful for all that you have taught me.  Bacon is a good way to die. They have bacon here, but it is not the same. So I look forward to having a nice slice of bacon when I get home. And yes, if your need the guide to the European stock Market, it can be found in the Sock drawer. :) I never really learned how to pack simple. 
 
Thanks for Matt. 7:7-11, I have actually used it alot. I love that scripture. This morning I studied 2 Ne 1. Really cool. It solidifies the idea that if we keep the commandments we shall prosper. Wonderful.
And also I will have to practice and perfect my cooking so that I can treat you when I get back. Have I mentioned that I had open face sandwiches. And they tasted pretty good, if I do say so myself. All they lacked was Avocado, which I think I might be able to find if I look in the right places. 
Around here there is no Mcdonalds here in Queenstown (closes one is 2 hours away) but we have KFC, Steers, Nandos, and Spur. Every now and then we like to make visits to such places, when we have a little extra cash. Spur (A Native american themed place, Can you research for me the origin of Chiefs, a local football team, and spurs...to see if there is an american tie) has some pretty good sized burgers. Yummy!
 
Good luck at church, sounds like it will be a wonderful new chapter in the San Tan 2nd, history books. That is if you are still San Tan 2nd. Keep working hard. 
And we had 5th sunday Combined (oh yeah our talks were postponed because they wanted to have fast and testimony meeting this last week, so I will update you on that later) and we had the wonderful subject of Same-Sex marriage. I got to kind of explain to our investigators that came, why such a subject was talked about. It was actually pretty good.  
And Conference. On the 5th it will be from 6-8 pm LIVE. the 6th Priesthood is 11-1. Sat afternoon, 2-4, Sunday morn. 6-8 LIVE. Then on Dads birthday it will be after Church. I am so excited. I actually get to watch it with you all from halfway around the world. I am sad about the 7 layer dip :( I will have to figure out alternative snacks. 
 
Okay Mom, I am so happy you were able to go to the temple. I love that place, and I miss it so much. I am among the few who were able to see any of the new videos in the whole mission, I am quite happy about that, they have a wonderful experience coming their way when they get home. 
And it is really quite cool how when we lose our lives for others sakes, we save our own. I love that Idea!
 
My cooking is going okay. I have been doing it more. We have wonderful people who cook for us. Whenever we have a FHE with members they will cook. They are wonderful. We even have investigators and family members of investigators that care about us enough to make a little something. This is a wonderful people. 
Talk about missionary work, that whole rescuing thing is wonderful, I will pray for you in your endeavours. Good luck. This is the Lord's errand and we all have a wonderful responsibility in it. 3Ne 5:13, 26. He does bless His servants. 
So with the school, you can ask Meagan their vision for us. But no more showed up, they are on holiday for the next week. So yeah, but hopefully it will spead.
No news on Botswana yet.
Thanks for also looking in to the paperwork. I think it will work out fine. 
Thank you for all of your prayers, your funny stories, your emails, your words of comfort. I love you all very much. I keep that wallet picture holder right behind my name tag, to keep you there with me. I love you all, 
 
Love Elder Pennington
I hope you all have a wonderful week this week. Just keep swimming. 

No comments:

Post a Comment