BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, March 24, 2014

Malungo


Hey Everyone, (that is how I begin my journal entries by the way) 
Well Hey Everyone, 
Everything is going pretty good over here. Nothing as big as ward boundary changes, but stuff has been happening. Dad I am still learning my area boundaries so we are in the same boat. But my mission president has said that with "time and effort" I will adjust.
Jacob 1:17 is a wonderful scripture. This morning for my studies I read 1 Ne 17, Ether 12, and Hebrews 11. I loved this study about faith. First of all I love the description of Ether. One day I want to be a missionary like him. I know that this is mine errand from the Lord. I will do it!
Thanks for your many words of love and support. They bring me added strength.
My week was great we had multi zone conference in East London Monday and Tuesday. Wonderful!! I was very much spiritually uplifted. As a Zone we practiced and we performed "This is the Christ" while there. Beautiful! I could have cried :) 
It is very crazy that the kids are growing up so fast. It has been only two months, but I feel like I am going to get a Graduation Invitation for Heidi soon :) life does fly by. So we have to make every day count. 
This week was a good week. We talked to a lot of people. Everyone wants to listen. The only thing is getting the ones that want to progress, be baptized, go to the temple and so forth. I taught the plan of salvation this week. Mostly the Atonement. And boy does my testimony grow everytime I can teach and learn more about that subject. The key to the whole plan of happiness. 
And it truly is amazing the sacrifice that some make and that some are not willing to make. Church is so important but so many fall away because they do not truly commit. It makes me sad. That is why we as missionaries work hard with the less actives. 
This last week though, I got to teach a little at a high school. Crazy! It was a class (SCO- student christian organization) Short, little, get to know you lesson. We plan on going back on Tuesday. Kinda a cool experience. The class wasn't too big but we got word, that word went around the campus that there was a Malungo (white guy) at the school. So here might be a little bit more of an audience next time.  And this next sunday is missionary sunday. I get to give a talk. YAY! I will let you all know how it goes.
General Conference, I am excited for it. TWO WEEKS :) So we watch it on a funny schedule being the other side of the world. One Saturday we will watch the morning session live. But from 6-8pm. Then Sunday we will have Priesthood, and the afternoon session in the morning. And then we will have the Sunday morning again live at 6-8. Then on dads birthday we will watch the final session. 
It is all through brodcast at the church, so no seven layer dip and sitting on our couch, but I will need to buy some other little snacks. 
I am so excited for this though!! Everything here makes me grateful for what I have at home. 
Everything happens for a reason. I am here for a reason, so I work hard and push forward. 
I love you all!!! So Very Much!!
I hope you all have a wonderful week. 
Love Elder Pennington

No comments:

Post a Comment