BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Peanut M & M's

Hey Mom and Dad,
For starters, Happy Birthday Dad. I thought of you alot yesterday. I even had some Peanut M&Ms with you in mind. I just wanted to wish you happy Birthday and tell you that I love you very much. Make sure that Heidi gives you a Birthday Hug and Kiss for me. Okay? 
 
Also this week is transfer week. So craziness over on this side of the world. I won't know anything until the end of today (we will go to the thomas' for scones and transfer news). I will let you know everything next week. All I know is I will get a new companion. 
 
Anywho...
I am so happy you guys enjoyed the temple. I can't wait to come and enjoy it again myself. One day. And that is pretty cool about the ward activity. I hope it goes well. That would be a wonderful missionary opportunity. I hope that the missionaries make the most of it. I am happy that the new ward is still going strong. 
 
Also I hope that you enjoyed some cobbler for me. I was able to have some tasty enchiladas this week. And some M&Ms, but no cobbler :( That will be something that I will have to wait for. 
I am doing my best in the work. My training is just about over. I am adjusting. I gave a pretty good talk at church. I even made everyone laugh. Which is kinda hard :) But it went good. You asked what I think would help the priest be prepared. I would suggest that the Priest do go to mission prep. And that they do study Preach My Gospel. May they always pray and study their scriptures. If they have a testimony of the points in the lessons, they will be wonderful missionaries. I will keep thinking. But once they get to the field they will pick up and learn many of the things that they need. 
 
No news on Botswana except we have two new missionaries who were in Botswana but were kicked out. Good news is three other missionaries got an extension on their visa. So we are having hope. Thing is In Botswana there are only 10 missionaries. In Namibia there are only 2. I have more missionaries in my Zone then there are in the entire mission. I so pray that I will be able to go soon. The work is needed. 
 
So there are four of us boarding together and two zone leaders who are not far away. So 6 in my district and we meet every friday. Zone conferences are every 3 months. We do a multi zone conference and training. So those are really kinda cool We do multi because we have 14 in our zone. But it is a highlight each time I get to see more missionaries. Just to think that we are all a part of a great army. 
 
I love you too Dad. I hope you had a good birthday and got some good books for me to read when I get home. I love you!
 
Thanks Mom for your Email. I have had a great week. Loved it! Again I had some great enchiladas that reminded me of home. I am so happy that you guys are enjoying the temple. Keep it up. 
I love your comments about Joseph Smith and our own conversion. Those are wonderful. We need to pray and know for our selves. That is something we as missionaries stress. We could talk all day, with the spirit even, but they will not progress until they kneel down and pray for themselves. That is were lives are changes, when you are on your knees. Thank you for your thoughts on that. I loved the conference talks that talked abut Joseph Smith's experience. I also loved Pres. Utchdorfs "Don't Sleep Through the Restoration" We are all involved.
 
Thanks for the recipes. I am slowly gaining confidence. We do have ground beef, but we call it mince here. I made a meal last night with rice, ground beef and carrots. (I need to go shopping so I will have to try poor mans soon. Maybe once everything settles this week.) Thanks again for the recipes. 
 
I look forward to telling you all of my new companion, but I don't know yet. Anxiety. Nervousness. :) I will get though it. I just have to make the next six weeks AWESOME. Wish me luck. Also I am so happy you have Elder Buehner as well. I feel very connected. 
But what makes me feel the most connected it the fact that we are all going about the same work. Even if we are on different sides of the world. I love you Mom. Thank you for all that you and Dad have taught me. For your examples.
BTW tell Bro Nuttall, thanks for the referral I will try and talk with him once the dust settles with transfers. This is going to be a crazy week with this. But tell him thank you for me. 
 
I love you all very much. We are working hard down here. there is much potential (we could have 6 baptisms this next 6 weeks.) I look forward to continuing the work. 
You are all in my prayers as well. I love you very much. I hope you have a fantastic week. Thanks for everything. 

Love Elder Pennington

No comments:

Post a Comment