BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, April 28, 2014

Easter

Hey Mom and Dad,

So for starters. When I got up to speak in church, I said, "I don't know if any of you have ever had that moment when your heart is about to jump out of your chest, but if you hear Ba Bump Ba Bump, Bear with me :)" or something like that. Its hard to make them laugh here, but they loved it. This is a good ward. But I do miss the humor back home. Conference all of a sudden started playing in the background when the 1st counselor got up to start the meeting, but he didn't make any comment. He just sat there and waited for a moment. I would have said something like... maybe we should turn the time over to the professionals or something like that. Nobody but us elders really even laughed at it. But hey everyone has different senses of humor. :)
That is so cool about The Amazing Race. One day I will see the shores of Namibia. Right now Queenstown (QT) is landlocked, but I saw for a moment the coast when I was in East London and Capetown. The water is beautiful. but for now I get to look and mountains.
I loved our Easter Sacrament meeting as well. I love the spirit of this Holiday. It stands right beside Christmas.
Thanks for the Easter pics. I loved them. The Bunny did GOOD!
Okay so for Mothers day. Since I am still in QT I will be able to Skype home for about 40 minutes at the Thomas.' So I will need a Skype account. And we will still have to figure out time wise.
And finally my new Companion. Elder Cathemer. you will get a picture soon. but he comes from our home land of Arizona. From somewhere around Florence. Really cool guy. Reminds me of Bryant and Denton. I really think that this will be a great transfer.
 
I haven't lost weight (I actually made things this week. I made Poor mans and it didn't turn out too bad. Looked different but still tasted pretty good. I will eventually perfect it. )
Mom, I am so happy to hear of your Easter holiday. Mine was okay. Not the same. but it was a good day. My Companion and i would wish Happy Easter to everyone. Really fun.
Thanks for the FHE idea and the bubble pizza recipe. I will HAVE to try it. soon.
In sacrament they had messages on the Atonement and the YSA sang "He is Risen" was a pretty good meeting. I love Easter!
We haven't taught at the school for the last week or so, holidays you know.
Driving wise...slowly. I don't have to get a license, I just have to get mission approved. my first test run driving stick i didn't get pulled over but the Elder who reparked did. The cops we wondering why the car kept stalling. So they left us with a warning :) I really need to at least start by driving automatic at least until I get comfortable.   
All is going well over here. I love my new companion. Great Elder. We are going to do great here in QT. Just so you know it is getting kinda cold here (it might snow), I will probably get a sweatshirt to wear around the flat (so as not to get my proselyting gear ruined.
I will keep you up to date with my new adventures. Time sure does fly by though. I just need to "just keep Swimming" Keep moving forward. I love you all. I pray for you everyday. Thank you for your prayers.
Love Elder Pennington

No comments:

Post a Comment