BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, April 28, 2014

Snow?

Hey Mom and Dad,
So this last week has been a crazy one. But it has been pretty fun. The weather has been getting down to 13 degrees C. I have a little bit of a hard time getting out of my nice warm bed. It is even harder to be in a biking area at this time. But we move forward. I will probably need to get some gloves and a scarf soon, but for right now I am doing okay. Crazy Cold! The funniest part is we have two Arizonians in one of the coldest parts of the mission, fulfilling their duties on bikes. :) But we still work hard. 
Right now we have an investigator named Brother Mafeking. Amazing. Elder Ramat and I tracted into him on a week in which he took off of work because of health problems. He was very receptive to The Restoration. This last week he had some more problems and had to go to the Hospital. When he got out Elder Cathemer and I were able to go and visit him. We got to teach him the Plan of Salvation. Wonderful, Powerful! I couldn't think of a better time to teach him about this Plan of Happiness. I am so happy for him. Hopefully one of these Sundays he will be able to come to church. He just has a crazy work schedule. So we keep praying for him. 
Also I had a question for dad. We have this investigator named Sphokazi. She is 18 and we have almost gone through about all of the lessons, just finishing up with some commandments. She has a baptismal date for May 18. But as Elder Ramat and I were teaching her, we suspected that she had a crush on E Ramat. Suspicions were confirmed when she told Elder Cathemer and I. Now we are coming up on her baptismal date and we are wondering if she is doing it for the right reasons. She keeps coming to church and participating in classes. I am just wondering if you have any ideas about what should happen. She is so excited for Baptism, but we don't want to do it if she is just going to fall away shortly after. Any thoughts? I would love to hear if you have any ideas or had any similar experiences. Thanks dad. 
Okay mom, so Thanks for the FHE idea. I love it! It will try it everyone will go with the whole compass pointing north thing... even if it works or not. Also the choice consequences FHE worked out great. That will be our thing for the next little bit. 
I love the youth program as well, they are preparing for a great work. The day of this life is the time for men to prepare. I am happy that the youth are actively participating. That is awesome. 
The FHEs are going great. We still have 2-3 each week. It is a great way to get to know the members and to maybe bring some investigators or less actives that need some ward support. 
I love my new companion. This week has been a great week. we get along well. He is great. He does cook when he needs to. I have been doing pretty good at rice and mince. I can eat okay each night. This morning I had no cereal (we need to go shopping) so I made some rice and put in some sugar to make it sweet. And it was pretty good. Not too bad. Thank you for what you did teach me and for the recipes in which you have given. They are wonderful and simple. You are great!  
I look forward to talking with you guys too. We will have to plan a good time in which I can talk with everyone. 
My headaches have been okay. I get them every now and them...but I have been better with my water intake. So they have been getting better. 
And yes it is cold. there is a chance that it will snow. Yeah for the biking missionary!! We will just have to wait and see. 
I love you so much too. I loved those days in which i had to spend with you. I miss them and think about them often. They were great. I am very grateful for what you and dad have taught me. I continue to be able to put your teachings to practice. Every day. Thank you for everything. Love you LOTs!!!!
Okay Dad, That sounds like a crazy week. I can only imagine how overwhelming everything gets. I have had a pretty crazy week as well. With the weather being cold everything feels like it goes by so slow. But yet time flies. We are on week three of this transfer. Kinda insane. We so have to make the most of everyday. The only hard part is we are on bikes, but we keep pressing forward. I just really hope it doesn't snow. 
Love is an important thing. We have talked with many people this week. We had about 18 lessons and made 20 something visits, we try for about 10 quality gospel conversations each day. But that is something we are striving for, right we get about 3-5. But we are doing a little better. Thing is a lot of people that give us some time are drunks. Crazy. This last week we had 2 investigators and 1 less active come to church. But we can reach up to about 4 inv. It is just hard with the area being so far away from the church. But that also provides a great way to weed out our progressing and dedicated investigators from those who just want the white guys to come and visit. 
Elder Cathemer is doing great. He is from the Florence area. Kinda nice to have someone come from so close to home. 
I loved those service projects as well. I look forward to continuing to serve with you guys one day. 
I look forward to Skyping. I can be on at anytime. It looks like the afternoon (for me) would be best. for some reason I can't do the math in my head. What would be a good time in which everyone will be together? I would call on my Sunday. We get out of Church and done with our Sunday DA around 2:30 or 3. but we can be pretty flexible. Just let me know what time all of you would be there. I really can't wait until we can chat. 
Give Meagan a hug for me and sing her Happy Birthday for me. I love you dad. And I love your emails. They are wonderful. 
I am studying Preach my Gospel, I just finished going through they commandments. Also I am going through the Book of Mormon like Elder Bednar challenged. And I continue to grow in testimony of how much we are loved by our Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ. Soon I will hopefully be able to study the General Conference Talks. 
 
Mom and Dad, know that I love you very very much. Thank you for everything!
Love Elder Pennington

No comments:

Post a Comment