BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, September 21, 2015

September 21st 2015

Hey you guys!!!

Well this week was pretty simple. Just a four hour trip to PE. Had a nice zone conference. It was nice. Crazy to think that the zone events are becoming less and less. But i love those moments of instruction. Then we had a short exchanges with the zone leaders in PE, so that they don't have to travel to George. It was nice. Then stayed one more night. Then to the trip home. I only struggled with tiredness the last hour. I am proud of myself. I am so used to just sleeping in the car journeys. But i made it okay. 
The last couple of the days in the week were kind of slow, but we made the most of them. But it might be a little hard with the rugby world cup. I don't know if you remember the movie Invictus. But the Springboks are pretty good in rugby and people love them here, esp. The Afrikaaners. But we will get by. I might get a little caught up in the rugby fever and buy a Springboks Jersey. Maybe :) but yeah thing have been good here. Same old same old. Still excited to read your emails. They still make me smile big. Love you all. 

Dad, first, Joburg is an 11-12 hour drive from here. So most people fly. But tell Brother Glazier thanks for me too. That would be so cool. Part of me has looked around every corner to see if by chance there might be someone i know. Mission has made this world seem so much smaller. 
I am going to be talking this week, perks of a small branch in Africa, missionaries get to speak a lot. I will be talking about Elder Hales talk ... Preserving Agency and Protecting Religious Freedom. I hope it goes well. My studies have been pretty simple. One thing i want to do when i get home is take a study of the book of Mormon with the topic of Light. I read 1 Ne 17 and Nephi talked about how the Lord acted as there their. Something physical was given to them in their times of darkness. As so it can be with us. A physical source of light. A spiritual source of light to lead us in this ever darkening world. 
But the work is good here. I do like to the area alot. it is full of so much potential. I am excited to give my all here. A great place to have a final inning. To practice everything i have learned thus far. It should be fun. My comp and I are doing great. It is so much fun. 
But the family mission plan is what we are finding great strength in. It not only paves the way for people to join the church, but it also strengthens the members in their personal conversion. It will be great for this area. 
I am happy everyone is enjoying time with Grandma and Grandpa (here they call their grandparents Ouma and Oupa. I love the different cultures i find here.) . But i love you Dad. Have a great week.

Mom, i don't know who the girls remind me of?? :) but i think that we can tie it all back to our wonderful parents. Love you and thanks you for your great examples. You are the best Parents in the world. 
It is cool to hear the testimonies of those who are investigating the church. Those honest seekers of truth. They are truly looking and when they find the church you can tell, they can tell that they have been prepared for this gospel. Angels are preparing many for this great gospel, now we are in search for them. What a marvelous work and a wonder. 
No major stories this week. I have come to recognize that most of the time the Lord work many small and simple miracles in our lives. Tender mercies. Things that are almost unnoticeable. But His kind hand is there. Small little things happened this week. Like driving home with no problems. The simple lessons we had. It was just nice. I will try to get a good story for next week though.
Thanks Mom. Love you!!

Bryant, love you Elder. Keep working hard. Kia Kaha! Love ya!

Meagan, you are quite a busy girl. I am happy you enjoyed homecoming. I loved the school dances. They were great chances to hang with friends and have fun. I think if my memory serves me right, i went to my jr homecoming with Ashley Dearden. It was fun. But wow time flies. I know it flies even more when you are so involved in school just as you are. Keep working hard, but don't forget to sharpen your saw. You busy girl, you. You are growing up too fast. Slow down a little bit, will you?
I love you Megs!

Heidi, i hear you did great in the primary program. Way to go!! Also congrats on being Student of the month. You must be pretty brilliant. Keep working hard like your sister. She is a great example to me. You can learn a lot from her. And wow it is almost your birthday. Well happy early birthday. You are also growing up too fast. Love you Buddy!

Jera congrats on the triathlon. That must feel great. I did about 10-15 minutes of plyometrics from p90x it killed my legs. I really have to be doing more exercise. Especially with the little time left. 
I love the topic of grace. There are so many great talks about it. President Uchtdorfs was great. But Brad Wilcox had a great one called "his grace is sufficient" and Elder Bednar also had a great one, i think it was called " in the strength of the Lord." A great topic to study. 
And yes it is a crazy world we live in. There are too many funny characters out there. Oh politics. What a crazy world this is. 
We will have to talk sometime. But i love you Jera, have a great week.

Well thanks for the great emails. I love you all so very much. Hope you week is great, especially in the count down until Heidi's birthday. :)

Love, Elder Pennington

No comments:

Post a Comment