BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday, November 4, 2015

November 2nd 2015

Hey You Guys!!!

Well this has been a good week. Had some very interesting lessons. As well as some normal ones. Been moving forward more with the family mission plan. Slow but steady. It has been one of those faith promoting kind of things. We had a great Lesson With Henrico and Luhandro about the Book of Mormon. My love for that special book just keeps on growing. I always can't help but smile when people ask why they haven't heard of the book before. "Well That is why we are here in your home to testify that this is the word of God. Read, ponder and pray about it."
We also had the chance to watch the Priesthood Session of Conference. Very nice. I love all of the talk about faith. Now is the time to grow in our faith. We need to grow in our faith or the moving time will weaken it. Our little flame will go out if we don't take care of it. This Gospel is simple but so profound. I have been reading the words of Nephi. For one he says "My Heart Delighteth in..." He found so much delight in the things of God. But then everything he say is so very plain. Straight forward and to the point. The Scriptures are just so nice. My soul also delights in the Word of God.
We have also met with a couple of couples that had just went on about some of the hardships they are going through. hardships that began with not keeping God's commandments. Distrust and heartbreak fell between them. All we couple do was testify about the healing power of Christ's atonement and the growth and life that comes as we obey and follow Him. Mission shows one a lot of things.

Anyways...
Dad, Sounds like you have been doing some great pondering. Keeping commitments and covenants do give us a great perspective on life and everything else. 
Pennington Family Ties is back into business. I only now remember that trip to the temple. Not knowing what was going on. I think I was 13 or 14. Pretty young now that I think of it. We got to start having interviews with President Riggs. Things changed only a little bit, but it brought a great life change into all of us. A greater focus on everything. Family time was as always something very special. We have the best family ever!
Yeah, no halloween here. i was going to try hard and find a Spiderman Shirt and order a nametag that says "Elder Parker" but I never got around to it. And no one around here would care. :) 
Things are good on this side. Entering summer. we are not neutral anymore. It is either hot or rainy and cold. For some reason it can't choose. I don't know how many blankets to have nearby. 1 sheet for when it is hot or 3 when it is cold. :) Too much!
But yeah, thanks Dad. I love the funnies as always. I love you Too!!

Mom, No package it good. You are right. It probably wouldn't get to me until after anyways :) We will work with that. Yeah this week was good. Nothing too crazy. But this next week we will be traveling to PE for Zone Training and Interviews. It will be good to see everyone again. Specially President and Sister Merrill. It is so different not being so close to them. But it should be a great trip. I am looking forward to going down there. But the trip will take a couple of days out of our area. So will are going to try and make it an exceptional week. 
Those sound like some great lessons at church. Reverence is important. There is the scripture "Trifle not with Sacred things" Talking about the Book of Mormon. Interesting to treat the Book of Mormon with the greatest reverence is to read it and make it a part of your life. :) 
Hope you enjoy your week. I love you Mom!

Bryant, it is amazing how fast one can acclimatize and get use to something. i might have gone a little soft. But never the less I only wear my short-sleeve shirt once in a while. I wear the long-sleeve every day. :) And I love telling people I am from Arizona because I get two reactions. 1 Oh good you are not from the factory. 2 Oh you are too white to come from AZ. So no matter how hot or not hot it is I am just not meant to stay in the sun for long. :) I love you Bryant! You keep well and have fun!

Meagan, I am happy you went on a date with Parker Wright. He is a great kid. happy you had fun. Not too bad of a week. Better over there. Here all of the youth are stressing over exams. So happy to hear you are in a semi stress free world right now. And you are such a great friend to help plan something for Courtney. Keep being a great friend to all. You will enjoy splits. It is a great time to learn more and get to know what is going on around you in the missionary work. Love You Meagan!!!

Heidi, It looks like you went for Halloween dressed as a pretty pretty Princess. (Or a Fairy :) You look good!. yes, we loved making Donuts for Halloween and other fun celebrations. You should also try the activity when we ate food like the people in Jerusalem. That one was a lot of fun as well. I thought the food was nice. Especially now I have tasted some more foreign foods, that one is pretty close to home. :) Family traditions are great aren't they Heidi! I love you Sis! Have a great Week!!

Jera, Yeah, Duke takes the cake. I like the whole flip flop and shoe thing going on. That would be fun. George is going good. We have been getting better and better. Just a little rains slows the town down. Sad that some of our area has dirt roads, but luckily not our whole area, so we can still get some work done. 
We are coming along with our new investigators. Tonight we will have a little FHE kind of thing with some of their member neighbors. It will be fun.yup, things keep on moving around here. Gotta love it!
Hope you enjoy your week With your missionary ambushes and all :) Love you Jera!

Well My Wonderful Family. It has been great to talk to you all. I love you all so much. Hope you all have a super wonderful week. Make it something Special! 

Love, Elder Pennington the Elder 

No comments:

Post a Comment