BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, January 4, 2016

December 28th 2015

Hey You Guys!!!!

It was so wonderful to see you all on Christmas. I love technology these days. The world is getting smaller and smaller. I don't feel that far from you all whom i love so much. The highlight of my week was seeing all of your pretty Mahlungu faces. :) you truly would love driving down the street and every kid that sees you (as well as some grown adults) say umlungu. Makes me smile everytime. 
But besides that wonderful time spent with you, had a great chance to have some wonderful lessons this week. 
One sister we met ordered a dvd. We delivered it, got a return appointment. Came back had a very wonderful lesson with her. She asked some great questions. Her first one, being asked before we really talked about anything, was "do you really think that all Christain churchs teach the same thing?" I answered but only after asking what she thought. It was a great lesson. But also along the lesson we found out that her family has already joined the church. Back in 2005 she had visited the church a couple times but never really joined. Her family is very less active right now. Not really interested with us coming over. But this good sister with a desire to know for herself might be a great way to put a foot in their door. The Lord is in control. He knows what needs to happen. Just another one of those small miracles that we found this sister. 
Made for a great week. Also did a lot of cleaning. As a mission we are doing a deep clean. It has been fun as we cleaned our flat as well as Knysna's flat. It feels good to clean like that. 
So yeah. 

Dad, experiences experienced by others. That is a cool part of mission, the level of learning that goes on. Simply wonderful. So true. I am soaking it up. Right now the answers seem so simple. Faith in Jesus Christ being the foundation of the solutions. Sometimes i look at some of the problems that these people have. Some of their excuses that they give in not moving forward or coming to church or whatever. I think of all the times the Savior said, O ye of little faith. I feel like the father who said I believe, yea Lord, help thou my unbelief. Funny how answers seem so clean from a far. 
My talk went okay. I feel like i had to keep everyone awake. The previous speakers had great talks. I know this because i was right next to them. But unfortuanately they didn't get heard by the mike or the congregation. They had moved the mike just out of the way and people missed almost everything. But it was a great program.
Plans for the week. Teach some great lessons. Say some good-byes. Trying not to cry. The cool thing is most people think'i am joking when it comes to my going home. I like that. I tried hard to have that effect. 
Cool pictures. Did you go to an old age home. Looks like and sounds like a fun experience. 
Love the talk though. Didn't fall asleep. I love the topic of rescue. That was a nice story to depict rescue. Thanks for sharing it. 
I love you Dad!!

Mom, we talked about the Second Coming as well. I feel that it was a great way to end the year. To end with a strong desire to be better. More prepared for when He comes again. 
I love it when the family is all together as well. It was great to see everyone. 
I can't wait to see the pictures. there is a man here in George that makes shoes. Use to do it for work years ago, but now it is a hobby. Bry would love him. He has a pair of purple suede shoes and also snake skin shoes. Pretty cool. 
Yup, we are excited for the baptism. Everything is on track for it to happen on Sunday. But we will move forward according to the spirit. A baptism will be a great way to end. Strong. I am excited.
Mom i love you very much!!!

Bryant, Elder Bro. Sad i missed you on Christmas. That's okay. See you on mothers day. :) so where are you now? How is it? You and your comp getting along well? I hope so. Are you still district leader? I hope you are doing well. For me life is good. Working hard. Sorry i havn't been the best at sharing things with you. With the new year, i will try and be better. Love you brother!!!

Meagan, yes, Christmas takes too long to come but is gone so fast. Too much. But it was great to see you all. And to see your presents before you :) that is a first. You are growing up. Make each day before Christmas count. Make everyday Mandela day :) love you Meagan.!.!

Heidi, i can't wait to see the pictures. Especially of the shoes. I love hot Cocoa too. I have had some on mission. But not a lot, most people give us tea. So i will come and have some with you soon. 
On p-days we email, clean, do laundry, sleep, shop, and maybe play a game or hike or something. But most days are simple things. For me i like to cool chicken-in-a-bag. Yum. And will eat just about anything. I like food. 
After talking to you, we went and ate more food. A lot of yummy Christmas food. Love you Heidi!!

Jera, sounds like you will have some fun now now. Enjoy snowboarding. I like this weeks pics though. Looks like Gavyn's doing well. In his pic though i like the funny little man in the back. Long hair and gotee thing. Round glasses. Funny. And then the corned beef. Simple meals rock!!
Duke has discovered his alter ego with a spiderman costume? Cute kid. 
Well cool beans. All these pictures show good ol' Pennington fun. :) love you!!!

Well i love you all so much. Hope you have a great and wonderful week. Enjoy. And Happy New Year!!

Love, Elder Pennington

No comments:

Post a Comment