BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, December 14, 2015

December 14th 2015

Hey you guys!!!!

Can't believe it is already monday. Time is going too fast. I can barely find time to record in my journal. But i am trying. :) things are good on this side. People are leaving for holiday. I said my first good-byes this week. It is hard to say good bye. I am not really looking forward to the next couple of weeks. I remember just two years ago. I looked back at the 
Phoenix airport and i could see mom and dad through the window. Now it will be another group of loved ones. But hey there is hope in the plan of salvation. 
Every moment has been good this week. It felt good. We met some great people. Had some powerful lessons. Did some deep cleaning of our flat. It was good. Church was good too. Nothing too crazy cool that i won't mention later. So lets see if i can remember to mention those special moments. 
But this next week should be great. We will be in PE for a couple of days. Zone Conference is here. We will get some great training and some yummy food. Looking forward to it. Not looking forward to the drive, but we will get through it. 
Let's get started now,

Dad, i feel that alot too Dad. I feel sometimes that i am preparing people for others to baptize. It has been many a moment that i have been asked "Elder Pennington, you remember so and so. Yeah, they are so great. Yeah, they are baptized." "Oh Elder Pennington, everyone talks about you." These moments make me smile nonetheless. I am happy to be an instrument in the Lord's hands. However He wants to do it, i will follow. It is not my mission, it is His. So as long as th work gets done. I will do my part and make the most of every moment. 
I have heard of "the Plan." Helping return missionaries get back into things. From what i understand when i looked into it before. It will begin before people leave. They set goals and make plans. Then review every now and then on mission with help from president. And then at the end they can hit the ground running. Sounds like a great plan. No one has talked to me about it though. I will wait and see. 
And yes, families are hard around here too. It is every missionaries dream and goal for a family. As much as families are a part of the culture and traditions around here, most families are broken or incomplete. You have many mother led families where the father has never been a part of the picture. Or you have many unmarried individuals. It is so interesting. But in fact on my side too, we had a great lesson with a family yesterday. Father led and everything. It was wonderful. Powerful. They seem interested. We just got to keep with them. I am excited. 
I love that thought on continuous revelation. 
And have fun with your classes and studies. Looks like we will all be studying at the same time. That will be good. 
I love the excitement that come with missionary moments. This last week we went to the shop for something and got talking to a young man named Jaco. We got talking and it led to testifying of the help that we can gain through Jesus Christ. He asked why we would choose to go on mission and things like that. The interest was there. It was a sweet conversation. Got a return appoint and everything. He wasn't home when we went to meet him, but we followed up with him and something came up. Things happen. It was just exciting in praying for him and for the chance to talk and give him the life changing message of the restored gospel. I love this gospel. It still gives me those excited goosebumps. Thanks for making it a part of our lives. It has been great to see people change. So cool.
Dad, i love you!!!!

Mom, i am sorry for all of the stress that come through finals and final projects. I remember those and are grateful for your help with those late nights and weekends. 
Things are moving and changing around. Things are changing rearranging. People coming and going. Thats a part of life. Now we get to look back at these memories with joy. These precious times are wonderful moments. "Moments are the molecules that make up eternity." 
Thanks for the help with the money. Still got a couple of things that i might get. But i will probably save a bit for the time in Cape Town and for the travels. I haven't heard any things about it either, but i will have save some for it. 
As for time and place. Still need to confirm on the place. They weren't at church so we are going to confirm this week. But as for time i think about 4 or 5 as normal would work out. Even if there is one machine my companion and i will work things out because of the time zones are different, we will work out something. 
And hey i carry around your pictures and i sometimes brag about my family. Not too often, but i like to do it whenever i can. :) 
I love you Mom!!!

Bry, love you too Elder Bro!!!

Meagan, i remember our Christmas movie night dance thing. I was running around everywhere. But at least made an ornament out of it. :) good luck with all of the finals and such. Finish strong. You are down to 1 1/2 years of school. That is crazy!! Enjoy every moment. Make them count. Keep working hard and keep on swimming. Love you Meagan!!

Heidi, i always love hearing from you. Hope that your project went well. You are looking good. Keep working hard and when you graduate next year, you will be ready to take one the big world. Oh wait, you still have a couple years before graduation. Make the time count. Enjoy every moment. Love you Heidi!!!

Jera, i am happy to hear you are feeling better. As happy to hear you had some time to spend with Gavyn. Looks like you got him to come down hey. 
Between these two great talks. Tough one. For the people that i know and according to what they need. I would probably use Elder Andersons talk. So many think faith comes or stays passively. But there is choice and action that is needed to help faith grow. And faith is meant to grow. 
As for the Christmas season here. Not too crazy. In fact stores are shutting down. Which for some of these big businesses it is a weird business move. But hey, at least everyone is getting some time with family. 
Thanks for the pictures. Heidi is looking great. And Kora is zoned in on that phone. :) great pictures. 
I love you!!!

Well. I hope that you all doing great. Have a wonderful week. May the Spirit continue to guide you all. I love you and miss you. I look forward to seeing you next week. We will get ready for it. 

Love you!!!!

Love, Elder Pennington

No comments:

Post a Comment