BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday, February 13, 2014

An Adventure Everyday

Hi Mom and Dad,
I am sorry it has been over a week, I did not get a chance to email last Monday. But I think I am okay for a while. There is a little internet cafe and we have a chance to use the computers there. So it all works out. I do not yet know an address yet so emails are okay right now.
I am so grateful for your emails. I just love to hear about what is going on at home. 
Oh yeah... Happy Birthday to you...Happy Birthday to you...Happy Birthday Dear Mom.....Happy Birthday to you!! Happy Birthday Mom I love you so much. Have Bryant, Meagan and Heidi all give you a BIG hug for me. 
I bet you are wondering about my mission. Am I right???
Well as you have been told I have a new companion named Elder Ramat. We live in Queenstown, SA. And we have the township of Mlungisi. And what an adventure that is. I have the shacks and tin houses and small brick houses. They are a good people. So loving and kind. Last Saturday we walked because my bike is in the shop. (Oh yeah I have a biking/walking mission except on Fridays when we have the car). This was a great way to see the area and meet the people. We had some conversations with drunks, my comp tried to get one to dance. Kinda funny, I thought of you dad. 
I am slowly becoming as bold as a lion. But right now I am kinda shy. Because as the kids could probably tell you, they speak Cosa at random and I can't understand them (I just feel like they are talk about me, the only white guy in the neighborhood) But I will get used to it soon. 
Now about my boarding. We have a two story flat kind of boarding. (I will take pictures of it, so that you can see it some day. I live with my Comp, and Englishman named Elder Lawson. And a white South African named Elder Slabbert. And it has been an adventure everyday with these three. Hopefully I will get some great stories for you guys. 
Church was great the last two weeks but I got a headach both weeks. I very much need to drink more water. Very much! but I am feeling good now. I just hope everyone will forgive me for being so out of it on Sunday :). 
I am so happy to hear that all is well with you guys. I am loving my mission. I love being here in Africa. I miss you, but I am realizing that this is part of growing up. I am grateful for all that you have taught me. And for your examples. I love you! I am grateful for your prayers and for your emails. I hope you have a great birthday mom. I also hope you have a great week. 

Love you soooo much, 
Love Elder Pennington

No comments:

Post a Comment